Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
My case is the NZXT S340, I do not have the Elite, I am talking specifically about the original S340. I am asking this question because at the moment, I only have a fan at the back and the top of my case along with one fan on my Cryorig H7 CPU cooler. My temperatures have been insanely high recently, like in games like Black Desert Online where my GPU is being 90~100% utilized the temps are reaching 88~91c. I decided just to see if I take my side panel off how much it would help and BAM temps are down to 70c and my CPU temps are down also. So should I just continue to run with my side panel off or what would be your recommended fan intake? I do have other fans, but no screws for them sadly and if Im not mistaken my motherboard, Asus Z270 TUF Mark 2 doesn't have many fan headers.

Solution
There's really not many fan setups for the S340. I run the S340 Elite with 2 Noctua 140mm NF-P14S intake in the front and 2 NZXT Aer RGB 2 120mm exhaust in the back. It's probably actually negative pressure because of the largely choked off front fans, even though they are 140mms. I have a Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi and my CPU stays around 70C and my GPU 70C while OC'd +131MHz. You could actually get better temps by flipping the top fan to be intake, but this will increase dust buildup.
If you're willing to, you can keep your side panel off, but you'll need to clean out dust and keep yourself from accidentally hitting it with something.
Also, if these temps have just been recently high, it could be caused by dust buildup.
As for fan headers...
There's really not many fan setups for the S340. I run the S340 Elite with 2 Noctua 140mm NF-P14S intake in the front and 2 NZXT Aer RGB 2 120mm exhaust in the back. It's probably actually negative pressure because of the largely choked off front fans, even though they are 140mms. I have a Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi and my CPU stays around 70C and my GPU 70C while OC'd +131MHz. You could actually get better temps by flipping the top fan to be intake, but this will increase dust buildup.
If you're willing to, you can keep your side panel off, but you'll need to clean out dust and keep yourself from accidentally hitting it with something.
Also, if these temps have just been recently high, it could be caused by dust buildup.
As for fan headers, you can always get a 2 or 3 way splitter

Solution