Question Recurring GPU No Signal Issue Across 2 Different Cards

Mar 13, 2024
I purchased an AMD 6600 XT graphics card in August last year. Initially, the setup functioned well, supporting daily gaming activities, including playing games like Escape from Tarkov, Rainbow Six, God of War, without issues.

However, in January, while launching Rainbow Six, both of my dual monitors unexpectedly lost signal, displaying a "DisplayPort no signal" message. Concurrently, the AMD Adrenalin software reported a "GPU time" error. A simple restart temporarily resolved the issue. Nothing of interest in event viewer.
Troubleshooting steps:
  1. To ensure that the issue wasn't related to physical connection or slot malfunction, I reseated the graphics card in its original slot and tried other available slots on your motherboard.
  2. I used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) multiple times, to remove and reinstalled the graphics drivers. This solution fixed the problem temporarily, allowing approximately an hour of stable operation before another crash occurred. This include rolling back drivers i was originally on 24.1.1 and rolled all the way back to 24.11. Interestingly a couple times DDU did pickup that there was a GPU but i couldn't use it, sometimes it didn't though
  3. Fresh Reinstalled Windows 11 in case it was corrupt windows
Eventually, the GPU appeared to be not receiving power at all, indicated by an RGB light on the card that remained off. But if i did unplug the 8 pins from the GPU a small red light came on next to the connections probably indicating no power. Throughout these issues, the integrated graphics on my CPU continued to work without any problems.
Concluding that the GPU was defective, I processed an RMA and received a refund after the card was confirmed to be faulty.
Following this about a month later, I bought a Intel Arc A770 GPU, hoping for a resolution to my prior difficulties. Initially, the new setup worked well, but about four hours into use, the same display signal issue occurred, similarly resulting in the GPU not being detected by the PC and am scared to do anything else in case this GPU dies as well

TL;DR: Encountered persistent "DisplayPort no signal" issues on two different GPUs (AMD 6600 XT initially, followed by Intel Arc A770) in my gaming PC setup. Despite extensive troubleshooting, including reseating the GPU and using DDU for driver reinstalls the problem recurred. The issue initially appeared while gaming and eventually led to the GPU not being recognized by the PC at all, with temporary fixes only lasting about an hour. The first GPU was returned and refunded after being declared faulty. The second has GPU started showing the same issue just hours after installation, raising concerns about causing further damage.

System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x
Mobo: MSI Mag B650M Wifi
RAM: Corsair DDR5 6000Mhz
GPUs: Previously 6600 XT currently Arc A770
PSU: MWE GOLD 750W

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Fresh Reinstalled Windows 11 in case it was corrupt windows
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

This unit is brand new? You might want to see if the issue persists with another unit sourced(borrowed, not bought) from a friend or neighbor.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Likewise, were the cards that were afflicted in your system tested on a donor platform to rule out the issue being compounded on your end?

Mar 13, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Fresh Reinstalled Windows 11 in case it was corrupt windows
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

This unit is brand new? You might want to see if the issue persists with another unit sourced(borrowed, not bought) from a friend or neighbor.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Likewise, were the cards that were afflicted in your system tested on a donor platform to rule out the issue being compounded on your end?
1. Windows 11 was downloaded from the official windows website onto a boot drive
2. All parts are brand new bought in store
3. Latest version 7C94v1I from the MSI website
4. The GPU was dead by the time donor testing was possible the new GPU has not been tested in a donor PC neither have any other parts