Report: Adobe Prepping Lawsuit Against Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Adobe just needs to stop supporting apple all together.

Say good buy to people buying macs for photoshop and the like.

Nail in the coffin for apple.

techd2

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I'm glad to see this, Steve is getting a little big for his britches again. Time to knock him down a few pegs.

G

I'm also glad to see this. I currently boycott Apple toys (iPad, etc) because of no flash support.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
One of many retarded decisions by Steve Jobs to not support Flash. Yes Flash is no longer what it was once meant to be (think back to Macromedia Shockwave days), instead it's a bloated unstable pile of overcomplicated cr@p that does indeed sometimes lead to complete system crashes... that doesn't mean it's not an absolutely essential part of the web viewing experience which is the whole point of the iPad.

Funny that Adobe has to take them to court to run flash on Apple products. Perhaps it should be Apple who needs to take Adobe to court to recoup consumer costs from frequent system crashes. Ultimately Apple nerfs all their devices by not supporting flash.

Of course most folks know and understands why Apple doesn't want to allow Flash on their devices, poor control freaks like Steve Jobs must keep their firm grasp on the fools lapping these products up. Allowing full flash to run on these devices would significantly reduce the control Apple can maintain over their "consumers."

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I agree with sinfulpotato, Adobe just end all support for Mac's, take CS5 and get rid of the Mac versions (keep support for anything older then CS5 so your not screwing all of their fans). This will seriously hurt Apple (most people I know who want/have makes have it because their college, or just them, prefer Macs for the Adobe suites.

G

@sinfulpotato, if adobe stops supporting macs then adobe's stock price will drop significantly. At that point if apple wanted to they could just buy adobe with cash..

Not really a nail in the coffin for apple.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
This is going to be big waste of time and money and Adobe will lose in the end. Adobe was playing lock-in, lock-out game for very long time. Mac and Linux users has been left behind by Adobe for many years. Now Adobe is on receiving end of their own policy. It hurts, but much better for Adobe would be to move on, and to move on quickly. Only real option they have left is to donate the flash (all protocol specs and patents) to the public domain. That way flash could be adopted as real web standard. At that point Apple will be forced to support it otherwise they will become irrelevant in the future.
Adobe still going to make money, because they have all the supporting tools build and they still would be the best consultants when someone wants to deploy full flash based solution.
So my question to you Adobe is: "What are you going to chose: Flash to be dead propriety technology in near future or real web standard?"

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I know that most people here don't like Apple, but come on!
Apple is under no obligation to permit Flash on the iPhone. Sure, for some users having no Flash sucks, but Apple isn't the only game in town. Sounds to me like Adobe is a sore loser- their Flash platform for years was bloated, crashy and slow, and now they are paying the price. There is no precedent for a lawsuit against Apple; What Adobe should really be doing is touting the ability of other devices' Flash compatibility instead of throwing a tantrum about Apple disliking Flash.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I hardly think that with Apple's recent surge in popularity amongst teenage girls, hipsters, and angsty slam poets, losing some loyal graphic designers/media enthusiasts will spell disaster for the company.

I do think that Apple's ego is a *tad* overinflated at present, though, and wouldn't mind seeing someone reintroduce them to the concept of humility.

E: This in response to those speculating that Adobe could/would/should abandon Apple altogether over Jobs' criticism of Flash. I don't see that happening, realistically. Just speculating that it wouldn't be the end of Apple's world if it did.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Haha, so true. For some reason it seems like every school in the usa buys these expensive macs ONLY to run Photoshop in their computer labs, which are slow and have no left click. Extremely annoying imo. Anyways if adobe took Photoshop cs5 for mac away there would be a lot of new W7 customers :)

@danielmastia - Apples Market cap is at 222 Billion and Adobe is around 18 Billion. Apple would almost have to be closing up shop to be bought by the likes of Adobe.

I don't know what to think here. In my opinion flash is a pile of crap but I hate how apple is trying to kill it in this artificial manner.

Flash? HTML 5 should be making a big splash soon and in flash it will be gone.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Blech... I dislike both companies. Adobe products are nothing but expensive bloatware. Apples are overpriced showpieces for tree huggers. Let them sue each other until they are both bankrupt.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]Blech... I dislike both companies. Adobe products are nothing but expensive bloatware. Apples are overpriced showpieces for tree huggers. Let them sue each other until they are both bankrupt.[/citation]

I agree wholeheartedly! Screw both of 'em.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Adobe should kill ALL apple related products, NOW.

This whole MAC thing would be gone by the end of the year and we could all laugh at those who bought one.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]Adobe just needs to stop supporting apple all together. Say good buy to people buying macs for photoshop and the like.Nail in the coffin for apple.[/citation]

This would be a poor move on Adobe's part. Adobe has a huge fan base that use Macs. In fact, CS4 Design Premium and CS4 Master Collection sold more copies for the Mac than they did for PC. Regardless if Adobe hates Apple or not, ditching a huge chunk of your loyal customer base just because you have a feud with Apple at the moment is poor business practice.

Plus, if they did that they'll just be sinking down to Apple's level. ;D

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Jobs is forgetting that while Flash may be a "piece of crap", EVERYONE uses it, and he can't provide a decent internet experience to his customers with out it.

If the customers are not happy, they won't buy apple again.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I think Adobe's feeling the squeeze lately.

Frankly the only reason anyone used Flash or Acrobat in the first place was because they were cross platform.

If you take that away, why pay for the development platforms? Why not go HTML5 and MS Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.