Request for comments - Tremere Trophy Hunters

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:47:16 -0400, David Cherryholmes
<david.cherryholmes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>
>> The problem, I think, is that you may actually see more copies of
>> Restructure, Lure of the Serpent, Far Mastery, Entrancement, The
>> Ercyes Fragments or similar cards than Carlton himself. This is
>> heavily metagame-dependent, but if you do, you might be punching
>> yourself in the nuts by playing him as a defence against himself.
>
> Allies in general are hot right now, making all those cards pretty good
> metagame calls for Ye Generic Tournament Environment.
>
> P.S. You forgot to mention Kiss of Lachesis.

I just listed cards that can take away of you ally. If your defence is
contesting, then you might well trade one problem to another in the
form of those cards, as even if your adversaries don't play with
Carlton, any of those cards can make sure you face exactly what you
wanted to prepare against.

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:53:34 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Daneel wrote:

>>> Apology accepted.
>>
>> I'm glad John was so quick to reply, but I'm not entirely sure why he
>> chose
>> you as his messenger. Unless you are just lying, and have no real
>> knowledge
>> how he took my apology. Knowing you I have little doubt what it really
>> is... ;)
>
> No, I consider your apology to John to be sufficient public admission of
> your own wrongdoing. This serves as enough of an apology for my
> purposes; I just wanted you to know that I saw your admission, and took
> it as such.

What makes you thing that you are empowered to present the public opinion?
Especially when - I presume - you did not conduct any surveys, mood
analyses, polls or even Telepathic Vote Countings. You just post here
without actually knowing what you're doing, without being in the capacity
to post what you do post.

I see that you are not just a liar; you're actually a dumb liar.

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:51:06 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>> On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:56:04 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Same. So now you accuse me of being a "person who WOULD make a sock"
>> because you think I accused you of being a sock.
>
> Now that you've falsely accused me of it twice, I DO think it's quite
> likely that you would do so.

When did I accuse you twice? Or is posting "you think I accused you"
enough evidence? ;) You know, the real world does not end with the
perimeter of your skull. In fact, you might be surprised but it
actually *begins* there.

> I, on the other hand, haven't accused anyone of being a sock, although I
> know of at least two who post here on a regular basis. =)

Oh, wrong again. You just accused everyone of being socks. ;)

>> you; my implied accusation, though it wasn't directed at anyone,
>> seemed to hit you on the head. It seems that people who are as
>
> As you admit elsewhere and your past actions bear out, it was directed
> at me. Hiding behind semantics is the sort of thing grade schoolers
> try; in the grown-up, real world, it is typically met with deserved
> disdain.

Having done something in the past does not necessarily mean that it must
be repeated in the very same way. The fact that you immediately took it
on yourself when I never really accused anyone specific probably has
more to do with your dishonesty and your obsession. Grow up: the world
is not just about you. If someone accuses you, then you are being
accused; if someone does not specifically accuse you, it is up to you
whether you take it on yourself.

> Considering you've wrongly accused me of it in the past, it wasn't much
> of a leap to figure you were yet again wrongly accusing me...

An understandable, albeit erroneous leap.

>> verbal as you are about their honesty usually have something to
>> hide... Not really though, as we all have your posts to testify. ;)
>
> Yes, Mr. "I never break a deal." They DO have something to hide, don't
> they? *smirk* Me, I break deals and everyone knows it. ;)

Ah, I get it. Being honest is dishonesty; being openly dishonest is
honesty.

Sorry, I'm using the original and intended meanings of these words. In my
book you're honest if you are honest, and dishonest if you're dishonest.
I understand that some people may need to twist these concepts to fall
into "honest", but that IMHO seems to defeat the point. The point of
being honest is mostly just being honest, and if you need to be dishonest
about your honesty, you're probably dishonest anyway.

Hope that helps,

--
Bye,

Daneel

Daneel wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:51:06 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Now that you've falsely accused me of it twice, I DO think it's quite
>> likely that you would do so.
>
> When did I accuse you twice? Or is posting "you think I accused you"
> enough evidence? ;) You know, the real world does not end with the
> perimeter of your skull. In fact, you might be surprised but it
> actually *begins* there.

You remind me of a person who waves a baseball bat around near someone's
head, glares at them, and makes faces, and then when he's arrested, goes
to court and claims "I never threatened him -- I never said a word to him!"

He gets fined AND thrown in jail for contempt -- wasting the judge's
time with such BS. =) It's funny stuff. Your claims are just like that.

>> I, on the other hand, haven't accused anyone of being a sock, although I
>> know of at least two who post here on a regular basis. =)
>
> Oh, wrong again. You just accused everyone of being socks. ;)

Nope, just the two people who are. ;) Of course, they've both told me
who they are, so it's hardly an accusation anymore, is it? ;)

Not MY problem you don't know who I'm talking about (although you
should, for god's sake, it's as obvious as it gets and it's not like
they're trying to hide it... I think most people know, so it begs the
question of whether they're even really sock puppets in the first place,
as opposed to "alternate aliases".)

>> As you admit elsewhere and your past actions bear out, it was directed
>> at me. Hiding behind semantics is the sort of thing grade schoolers
>> try; in the grown-up, real world, it is typically met with deserved
>> disdain.
>
> Having done something in the past does not necessarily mean that it must
> be repeated in the very same way. The fact that you immediately took it
> on yourself when I never really accused anyone specific probably has
> more to do with your dishonesty and your obsession. Grow up: the world
> is not just about you. If someone accuses you, then you are being
> accused; if someone does not specifically accuse you, it is up to you
> whether you take it on yourself.

See above example; get mental help.

>> Yes, Mr. "I never break a deal." They DO have something to hide, don't
>> they? *smirk* Me, I break deals and everyone knows it. ;)
>
> Ah, I get it. Being honest is dishonesty; being openly dishonest is
> honesty.

Well, if you lie, and admit you lie, is that true or not? ;)

> Sorry, I'm using the original and intended meanings of these words. In my
> book you're honest if you are honest, and dishonest if you're dishonest.

But we've already established that people who insistently protest their
own honesty have something to hide... and you are always going on about
your own honesty, therefore you must have something to hide... therefore
you must REALLY be a sneaky, lying person.

Your behavior bears this out. I shall start calling you "Twoface."

- --
Derek

insert clever quotation here

James Coupe wrote:
> In message <opsthui2hgo6j3lh@news.chello.hu>, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
> writes:
> > But other people may consider that he is working on building a player
> > base (not lazy) and giving away decks for free to do this (not selfish).
>
> For free?
>
> No he isn't, he's putting them up on Ebay: <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayI
> SAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5215606696>
>
> --
> James Coupe
> PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.
> EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 NO-ONE IS SCREAMING.
> 13D7E668C3695D623D5D THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Hey James,

Yes I have given them away, and I will continue to do so. Yes I am
selling them, and I will continue to do so.

Derek Ray wrote:

Anger issues, Derek? Let he who is without sin start casting those
stones.

Derek Ray wrote:

Well I don't think there is any love lost there- that's no secret. If
you are your friends are getting half the amusement out of this that me
and my friends are, then I am having twice as much fun as you are.

"Preston" <prestonpoulter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anger issues, Derek? Let he who is without sin start casting those
> stones.

And let he who reads the entire thread figure out who started casting
stones.

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:06:28 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>> On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:53:34 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No, I consider your apology to John to be sufficient public admission
>>> of
>>> your own wrongdoing. This serves as enough of an apology for my
>>> purposes; I just wanted you to know that I saw your admission, and took
>>> it as such.
>>
>> What makes you thing that you are empowered to present the public
>> opinion?
>> Especially when - I presume - you did not conduct any surveys, mood
>> analyses, polls or even Telepathic Vote Countings. You just post here
>> without actually knowing what you're doing, without being in the
>> capacity
>> to post what you do post.
>
> Obsession! =)
>
> I post here knowing exactly what I'm doing... which is, when responding
> to you, goading you into displaying more and more of your mental illness
> in public. ;)

You're quite obsessed with this obsession thing. While it may seem like a
convenient angle to avoid answering the real questions, and in your
desperation you seem to cling to it very tightly, you should not assume
that the rest of the world is as dumb as you are. The ostrich probably
thinks it is invisible when it sticks its head into the ground; that's
exactly how you seem to behave. Newsflash: it isn't invisible. Neither
are your transparent attempts to obfuscate and cover up your own
stupidity. I'm also curious why you keep bringing up this mental illness
issue; while you do have my sympathy (as do all disabled people), that
sympathy only extends to your stupidity; your lack of spine and malignant
nature are not excusable by your (seemingly quite acute) mental condition.

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:34:50 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Daneel wrote:
>> Nice try. So then... when did I accuse you twice? Time to back your
>> unrealistic statements with evidence. I know it hurts, but we both
>> know you cannot do that. Why? Becaus this is just another of your
>> lies.
>
> Already did, obsessed person. Go back and read :)

Saying it doesn't make it so. Quotes please, links or other facts.

We both know why you can't do that. ;)

> I have no need to obfuscate the issue; you accused me twice in public,

I'll soon stop counting the number of your public lies.

Again, please provide proof of the non-existant.

> Except for keeping me amused, anyway. You're funny. =)

Interesting, that's what I think of you. Of course, in your case
it is funny in a pathetic, petty, sore loser sort of way. ;)

>>> But we've already established that people who insistently protest their
>>> own honesty have something to hide... and you are always going on about
>>> your own honesty, therefore you must have something to hide...
>>> therefore
>>> you must REALLY be a sneaky, lying person.
>>
>> Your deduction only lacks logic and data as its basis.
>
> Truth hurts, huh Twoface?

No. It's lack does.

>> I don't really think I ever really boasted about my honesty - I did
>
> LOLLERSKATES!

If you think to the contrary, please provide quotes or links. Examine
any statements in context.

You know, just back up your points, if you have any. Not that I think
you have the mental capacity or moral backbone to do so, but hey, we
all know what you are like.

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:39:35 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Because you're obviously completely obsessed with me.

Don't get flattered. Any dumb troll would do for a little target
practice; I'm sorry this forum only has you, but hey, a non-moving
target is still a target. Actually, I'm more into intelligent
conversation, but that's not possible with everyone. I don't mind
putting you (or any other loser) where you belong as long as it
amuses me.

Also, realize that this isn't politics. Simply saying a lie over
and over again won't turn it into truth.

--
Bye,

Daneel

Derek Ray wrote:
> Hey, by the way, I think John Eno is still waiting for an answer. ;)

Yeah, I am. I'll give this one last shot, and then just write off what
Preston wrote as bullshit if there isn't any answer. I'd assumed that
he had simply stopped reading this thread since it's all sooty by now,
but I was wrong. So...

Preston - here's the link to the only thread I found on the Ash Heap
forums that discusses Derek Ray being an ass:

http://tinyurl.com/b5nhk

One last time (sing along, everybody!) - is this the only forum in
which people were talking about what an ass Derek is? I don't really
care one way or the other, honestly; I've never met you or Derek. I
just wonder if there are other threads that I'd missed while looking
around the AH forums.

John Eno

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:20:57 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In any case, this has long vanished from the realm of V:TES-related
> posts.

Well, you're right. Though you're one of the last persons I thought
that would matter to...

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:12:04 -0400, Derek Ray <lorimer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> |> Already did, obsessed person. Go back and read :)
> |
> | Saying it doesn't make it so. Quotes please, links or other facts.
>
> I don't need to prove anything.

Now which is it? You already did, or you don't have to? ;)

> and frankly, I'm not the one who's consumed with a hatred of me...

I'm not sure whether you would LIKE me to say I hate you or not.

Fact is, I don't know you. Nor do I hate you. I might occasionally
derive a little amusement from your flames; the fact is, while I
generally don't mind being flamed myself, I don't like it when
'regular' posters (that is, people who come here for the info/
participation and want to avoid conflict) are flamed. But really,
that's nothing personal.

> nor am I the one trying to go back on what he said in public in
> a reply to John Eno. ;)

I'm not sure it's going back. I never denied what I wrote; it's just
those implications you seemed to derive.

> It wouldn't matter what quotes, links, and facts I provided to you;
> you'd deny the sun was yellow if you thought it was an opportunity to
> disagree with me.

Interesting, from my previous experience, I though YOU never agreed with
ME. Frankly, I don't recall a single instance (though admittedly, I
don't really keep track of who agrees with me and who doesn't).

> Again, I accept your apology, and recognize that you are aware of your
> wrongdoing in repeatedly falsely accusing me.

The sky ain't green, even if you say so.

1. I did not "repeatedly falsely accuse" you. That's a fact. (you lied)
2. I newer owed (nor gave) you an apology. (you were mistaken)
3. Whatever I may be aware of is reflected in my posts. Anything else
is just speculation (and far-fetched guess).

> Thanks for providing such entertainment though! =)

The pleasure was all mine. ;)

> I'm not the one who bragged about my honesty, made false accusations and
> then had to recant them in public. =)

Oh, I don't know. I could say that you bragged about your honesty and made
false accusations in public. Thing is, I was polite enough to revoke my
accusation (again, it was not not an accusation against you), when I
realized my conclusion was incorrect. You, on the contrary, accuse me of
accusing you despite knowing that I didn't accuse you. Hmm, funny stuff.
=)

> Kiss, kiss.

Sorry, dude, I'm happily married, and plan to reserve such forms of
intimacy for my beloved wife. =)

> Bye now Daneel.

Fare thee well, oh paper tiger.

--