muchdsign

Honorable
Feb 10, 2016
Alright hi !

I've got a bit of a problem with a card I got a few months ago. The card worked fine for a good while, but one day it suddendly started to act weird, can't really say when nor why.

MOBO : Gigabyte Aorus Ultra
CPU : i9 9900K no overclocking
GPU : Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
CPU cooler : NZXT Kraken x72

Basically, my fans will go crazy high in RPMs when the card goes above 80°c. It used to gradually go up without ever going too crazy loud, but now it seems like the curve is much more dramatic :

q4D1xrc.jpg

1 : idle
2: load <80°c
3: load >80°c

Yeah. Don't really know if this is due to the current high temperatures outside, but I doubt that. I tried to edit the fan curves with 3rd party tools such as MSI Afterburner, but even that didn't do much.

Any ideas ? The card is still under warranty, should I try to replace it ? Or maybe this is something else...

Last edited:
Solution
Known issue with their 2080Ti Aorus models.
You can try to flash the Vbios with the fan rpm update if it's compatible with your specific model.
If you're not comfortable with that option, then you have to contact Gigabyte CS for an RMA - let them fix it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You can try to flash the Vbios with the fan rpm update if it's compatible with your specific model.
If you're not comfortable with that option, then you have to contact Gigabyte CS for an RMA - let them fix it.

Reactions: muchdsign
Solution

muchdsign

Honorable
Feb 10, 2016
Alright thanks a lot ! Will look into it, I know how to flash bios, but I have no clue on what a Vbios is :p