Question RTX 3070 gives no signal on Cold Boot ?

Jul 20, 2023
Hello! I have the most uncommon problem I have encounter so far in all my PC history..

The problem: My GPU (Colorful RTX 3070 LHR) won't be detected at a cold boot (like being off for 2+hs or overnight), Windows will load, and I can see (via TeamViewer) that my GPU is not detected under device manager. However, if I restart the system (like, a normal software restart), GPU will start just fine and everything will work perfectly, I can game, stress test it, reboot, shutdown, etc.
I already tried my GPU on another system and the same thing happens, tried another GPU on my system and it works flawlessly, so I know it's my GPU.
I don't know if this is like a pre-death symtomp or wth is going on, but I would really like to avoid spending money on another GPU because the RTX3070 works just fine aside from that problem.

Any help will be appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?

I already tried my GPU on another system and the same thing happens, tried another GPU on my system and it works flawlessly, so I know it's my GPU.
Is the GPU under warranty? If so, you should RMA it, if the card behaves the same way on another system.

Jul 20, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?

Is the GPU under warranty? If so, you should RMA it, if the card behaves the same way on another system.
Hi Lutfij! Thanks for the worm welcome.

My system's specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 10400F.
CPU Cooler: Deep Cool Gammaxx 400 V2.
Motherboard: Asus Prime b460m.
Ram: 2x8gb XPG Spectrix 3200MHz.
SSD: Swordfish m2 NVME 250GB.
PSU: MSi A650GF 650W Gold Plus.
Monitor: Viewsonic XG2405 1080p 144hz connected via HDMI.
PC is around 2-3 years old.
BIOS of the motherboard is the lastest one. Already tried flashing again just to try it.
GPU is NOT under warranty unfortunately.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023
Are all power connectors plugged into the motherboard and power supply?
Are the cables the original delivered from MSI?

The connector on PSU side to the GPU should be connected to VGA1 and 2. Don´t know if it matters if you connected it to VGA1 and 1
Thtat was one of the latest things I`ve tried. Bought new PCI-E cables, went through MSI instructions on how to plug in a GPU that has 2x8pin connectors.
On a desperate attempt I just let it run FurMark for 24hs to see if it just dies or a new symptom appears, and now it boots from cold boot. Dunno if it`s a coincidence or the heat made a loose connection solid again, or.. at this point, I`m really puzzled.
Will come back and update this post if it happens again.