miningshark23

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
I plan on building a new pc in around January and I've began scoping out which parts I could use. I'd originally settled on the RX 5700 (non XT) but in the UK the pricing for that card makes no sense.

For around the price of a non reference 5700 you can get the XFX Raw II and the XFX Thicc II as well as a number of reference models. I've heard nothing but horror stories about the thicc II but I can find pretty much nothing about the Raw II.

I plan on building my system in the nzxt H510i which isn't the biggest case nor does it have the best airflow and so I would like to stay away from cards that reach ridiculous temperatures such as the reference models and the Thicc II and I just can't bring myself to spend the same amount on the non XT version.

If anyone knows anything about this card in terms of its temperatures that would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps here's the rest of the system I plan on building https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/hcvtJb

Thanks.

miningshark23

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
I'm not too knowlegable about these cards only having read a handful of reviews however when it comes to the 5700XT generally Powercolor/Sapphire or MSI is the way to go
I was originally looking at the sapphire pulse or the powercolor red dragon but they were significantly more expensive. The pricing for these cards is very confusing at the moment. Hopefully closer to the time the prices get closer to their MSRP.