Jun 19, 2019
i got a xfx rx580 4gb oc +
-cooler master mwe 550w 80+ bronze PSU
-x470 MSI gaming plus
-ryzen 7 1700 stock speed and cooler
-only 1 4GB Ballistix sport 2666Hz stick because for some reason the other one doesn't work
-128gb SSD
My Problem is:-
I tried to use gpu intensive applications but the monitor just freezes and pixels turn purple and green then the monitor resets and gpu.
I get a notification saying "Default Radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure".
I use an HDMI cable that was with the monitor.
I didn't do any overclocking even XMP.
thank for your time <3

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
This can technically occur for a number of reasons

How new is the GPU? How old is the PSU?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Do you have latest GPU drivers installed?
Do you have latest Windows updates installed?
A poor quality or defective PSU can also cause these issues if it is not supplying adequate power to the system.
A defective GPU can also cause these issues, but we should eliminate software / firmware first.

Jun 19, 2019
so I have the latest windows
I bought the GPU off amazon recently
I have the latest bios
I had the latest GPU driver but still the same issue so I tried rolling back (no luck)
every part of this system I bought new (recently)
the GPU is delivering great fps in games
and won't crash in csgo because of its a CPU heavy game (i guess )
but GPU bound games will crash
I did the TdrDelay thing and no luck
*I live in Iraq and electricity is not great (BAD)
if I get I UPS will it get fixed?
if its power issue because of its not software 100%
or better power supply is better?
THANKS <3

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
if I get I UPS will it get fixed?
No way to know this currently.

if its power issue because of its not software 100%
Not sure what you mean, but a poor power supply can cause these issues. I would sooner look at your GPU as first port of call however being as you are experiencing artifacts. If it is a new GPU, did you clear any previous GPU drivers using DDU prior to installing the RX580?

If so, I would return it for a new one, not only will this solve the problem if the GPU is faulty, but if not, will help point to what is the problem.

Jun 18, 2019
i got a xfx rx580 4gb oc +
-cooler master mwe 550w 80+ bronze PSU
-x470 MSI gaming plus
-ryzen 7 1700 stock speed and cooler
-only 1 4GB Ballistix sport 2666Hz stick because for some reason the other one doesn't work
-128gb SSD
My Problem is:-
I tried to use gpu intensive applications but the monitor just freezes and pixels turn purple and green then the monitor resets and gpu.
I get a notification saying "Default Radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure".
I use an HDMI cable that was with the monitor.
I didn't do any overclocking even XMP.
thank for your time <3
I also had same problem but I used to fix this issue by reducing the core voltage to -50mv and reduced power limit to -10
Using msi afterburner I think this will help you

Jun 19, 2019
How did you fixed it in ups did u upgrade ups
I used my friend s UPS instead of pluging the power supply straight to the wall outlet
and it ran games fine
for 30 minutes then i brought it home an pluged it to the wall directly with no UPS and its back to crashing... is 550 watts enough for an rx 580 1300mhz?

Jun 18, 2019
I used my friend s UPS instead of pluging the power supply straight to the wall outlet
and it ran games fine
for 30 minutes then i brought it home an pluged it to the wall directly with no UPS and its back to crashing... is 550 watts enough for an rx 580 1300mhz?
550 watts is not the better but it gets the job done
Ya for rx 580 it's not bad

Jun 19, 2019
550 watts is not the better but it gets the job done
Ya for rx 580 it's not bad
ita not a power issue and not a software issue
and not a hardware issue (other components)
so it must be a faulty graphics card. right?
i started a support ticket on XFX website
and i wanna no if anyone has an experience with XFX RMA and how long will it take for them to ship me a new one.
plus if they ship internationally because i couldn't find it.
thank everyone you all are so helpfull❤

Reactions: Adhi 007
Jun 18, 2019
ita not a power issue and not a software issue
and not a hardware issue (other components)
so it must be a faulty graphics card. right?
i started a support ticket on XFX website
and i wanna no if anyone has an experience with XFX RMA and how long will it take for them to ship me a new one.
plus if they ship internationally because i couldn't find it.
thank everyone you all are so helpfull❤
Does large fps drops occur while gaming and any stuttering in gameplay
What's the temp of gpu

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just remember that 550W is not indicative of if it can power your GPU.
It is the quality of the PSU that is important. Not only because cheap quality PSUs can't always deliver stable power to your components, but it also can't protect them in a problem scenario and quite often they don't actually supply enough power on the 12V rail.

Remember the overall 550W is not what powers your GPU, it is part of the W that comes from your 12V rail only. Most cheap PSUs have poorer outputs on the 12V rail.

But again, most importantly, it is the quality of the PSU that is the focus, not just the overall wattage.

But again like my first response stated, look at GPU first, if this doesn't help, swap PSU. Do you have make and model of PSU?

ECA

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Suggestion..
Settings in After burner Cause Wattman to fail..
Tell Afterburner NOT to save..
Also get a FAN speed program, to CHECK...as Wattman wont TEST the fans on start, nad may NOT turn them on..

If you want to make sure, Open the control panel and goto wattman..It then Load your settings. wattman..

Reactions: MoeRA
Jun 19, 2019
Suggestion..
Settings in After burner Cause Wattman to fail..
Tell Afterburner NOT to save..
Also get a FAN speed program, to CHECK...as Wattman wont TEST the fans on start, nad may NOT turn them on..

If you want to make sure, Open the control panel and goto wattman..It then Load your settings. wattman..
it doesn't work even without after burner
and the fans are spinning and i can hear them plus the gpu is not overheating
some games work when i undervolt the gpu
but won't work that long tho
*i am buying a (gigabyte pulse 650w )
and swaping the (cooler master 550w mwe)for it

Jun 19, 2019
I swapped the PSU for a better quality gigabyte p650B and higher wattage (650 watts) but still no luck.
can it possibly be the HDMI cable?
* I used multiple HDMI cables even the one included with the monitor
-can using a display port to HDMI adapter (because my monitor doesn't support display port) fix the issue?