Oct 6, 2020
Hi All,
In Windows 10, my PC crashes/Freeze under GPU on Load. I cannot run any graphics demanding GAMES or some benchmark softwares(Geekbench or Heaven Unigine) except Passmark benchmark as it will freeze the System. Then I need to force restart or shutdown the System.

But there is no issues in MacOS Catalina (Hakintosh). I ran Geekbench 5 on catalina.It is running fine in both Metal API and OpenCL. I can export BruceX 5K video in 34 seconds. I am facing issues only in Windows 10

If I reduce the power limit to -40 in AMD Software, I can run all these software. But with normal configuration, I cannot run any of these.I hope I wont get full performance of the card if I undervolt it. Someone please help.

Can someone please help me?

Gigabyte GA H61M-S
Intel i5 3450 CPU
12 GB RAM
WD 1TB HDD
Cooler Master MWE White 450W PSU

below is my video link showing the issue
View: https://youtu.be/Dxy7yPyBVG4

Solution
My first suspicion would be the PSU - while 450W should be more than enough for your system, Cooler Master, while they make good coolers, cases, etc., does not have a good reputation for PSUs.

If you have a different, known working PSU available, whether you own it, can borrow it, or whatever, I would try that first.

dquartria

Reputable
Nov 30, 2017
Same as mine..
I open gpu-z and on the sensors tab found somthing abnormal.. the MEMORY CLOCK STUCK AT MAXIMUM... (1750mhz).. EVEN ITS ON IDLE...
I found that the problem is on the Radeon software (adrenaline win 10 / 64bit - Sept 2020 ) ..
I ONLY plug 1 monitor ( on HDMI port with hdmi to vga converter) but the Radeon Software shows there are 2 active display.. the DISPLAY PORT active as display 1.. even no cable or monitor pluged..
The HDMI port as display 2..
And both run at extended display..

Unfortunatly the main display is the Display1 which is no monitor pluged.. so when I right click the desktop than click Display property it won't shows on my monitor but the tab is active.. (shown on taskbar.. ) this means I can't disable the Display 1...

Than I right click the desktop and Open Radeon Software.. click settings.. click DISPLAY.. and click enable clone.. then close the Radeon software..

After that Right clik desktop.. open display properties.. Display... then chose "Show only on display 2"..

And done..!
Everything back to normal..

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My first suspicion would be the PSU - while 450W should be more than enough for your system, Cooler Master, while they make good coolers, cases, etc., does not have a good reputation for PSUs.

If you have a different, known working PSU available, whether you own it, can borrow it, or whatever, I would try that first.

Solution

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
What are the thermals you are getting when using the card on load and also how long have you had it/used it for because it could also be a thermal problem and if your card is going past the point of what it can handle in temps then it would safely shut down.