artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
I recently switched over to nvidia and have been trying to use shadowplay for recording but it does not record desktop audio but it does record my microphone audio. The weird thing is that sometimes it records the desktop audio and does not record microphone audio. For my sound output I have a Soundblaster G6 and for the mic I have a At2035 with an MAudio 192 4. This setup used to work fine with Radeon Relive recording. I also wanted to mention how at first, some of the recordings were fine and had both desktop and mic audio but I have no idea what changed. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Two places to check:

1) Device Manager - look for and determine what audio devices are installed. Be sure that (View tab) "show hidden devices is checked.

2) Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right hand screen corner. A menu will open with 4 or 5 menu choices.

Each choice will lead to various audio related Windows, Tabs, and Properties. Explore the current configurations on your computer. No need to immediately change anything. Just make some notes about what and, more importantly, where you find something seems astray.

Then go back and try any applicable changes; again be sure to note what you changed and from what value/setting to what new value/setting.

Change only one thing at a time...

Ralston18

Titan
Two places to check:

1) Device Manager - look for and determine what audio devices are installed. Be sure that (View tab) "show hidden devices is checked.

2) Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right hand screen corner. A menu will open with 4 or 5 menu choices.

Each choice will lead to various audio related Windows, Tabs, and Properties. Explore the current configurations on your computer. No need to immediately change anything. Just make some notes about what and, more importantly, where you find something seems astray.

Then go back and try any applicable changes; again be sure to note what you changed and from what value/setting to what new value/setting.

Change only one thing at a time.

Radeon Relive may have made some change to an existing (previously working) setting. Or forced some default change when originally installed.

Solution

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Two places to check:

Change only one thing at a time.

Radeon Relive may have made some change to an existing (previously working) setting. Or forced some default change when originally installed.
Thank you for the detailed response! I looked through device manager and saw the audio devices I am using. Nothing seemed wrong, but upon further thought, I remember that the setup was working fine before installing voicemeter. I will try to uninstall it and see if it make s a difference.