Todd

My xp pro system will only burn dvds at single speed. I have an auss dual
layer combo drive and all known updates have been installed. Anybody have
any ideas?

Have you tried different brands of media?

Have you tried updating the firmware on the drive?

Have you tried using different burning programs?

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My xp pro system will only burn dvds at single speed. I have an auss dual
> layer combo drive and all known updates have been installed. Anybody have
> any ideas?

Todd

I've tried different media and programs. Am fairly certainly I checked for
firmware updates already but will try again ti make sure.

"Matt Gibson" wrote:

> Have you tried different brands of media?
>
> Have you tried updating the firmware on the drive?
>
> Have you tried using different burning programs?
>
> Matt Gibson - GSEC
>
> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My xp pro system will only burn dvds at single speed. I have an auss dual
> > layer combo drive and all known updates have been installed. Anybody have
> > any ideas?

Todd

Just checked and the firmware is current.

"todd" wrote:

> I've tried different media and programs. Am fairly certainly I checked for
> firmware updates already but will try again ti make sure.
>
> "Matt Gibson" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried different brands of media?
> >
> > Have you tried updating the firmware on the drive?
> >
> > Have you tried using different burning programs?
> >
> > Matt Gibson - GSEC
> >
> > "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My xp pro system will only burn dvds at single speed. I have an auss dual
> > > layer combo drive and all known updates have been installed. Anybody have
> > > any ideas?

Without any other PC assoicated information, I would guess the I/O speed as
the result of your cpu, and ram, is too slow. Or, maybe, you're running an
old 40 wire ribbon cable instead of an 80 wire.

Many high speed DVD burners will only burn at 2.4X speed when burning DVD
media. No matter its advertised DVD burning speed or the DVD media. Yet,
accelerated burning speed of CD media is no problem.