uglyfatandalive

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
Hello!

My apps do not launch instantly as they used to do. There is a small delay from 2-5 seconds, sometimes even more when I try to start something. I do not know what is going on here but I will be more than happy if someone can help me. This also happens with Windows 11

There is also a strange thing too – ASSD Benchmark shows ultra low speeds of my NVME (see screenshot). This doesn’t happen with CrystalDisk mark – there the speeds are 2k+. Also my Kingston SSD manager doesn’t see my NVME but BIOS and Windows see it without any problem. No way to upgrade the firmware...

Can you help me somehow with those problems? I am frustrated…

Things I’ve tried:
  • Clean boot
  • No services boot
  • No startup items boot
  • Safe mode with networking
  • SFC /scannow + all the tools for repairs
  • Windows Repair (software from Majorgeeks)
  • Adwcleaner + Malwarebytes (0 viruses/malware/adware)
  • Banging my head against the wall

I am attaching: video of the problem (you can see the delay before PS logo), Speccy of my PC, SSD benchmark screenshot. (no viruses – all files are in the WETRANSFER zip)

Files (screenshots + video): https://we.tl/t-9i0bSznbaI

I really do not know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Where did you source the installers for Windows 10 and 11? how did you revert to 10 from 11? BIOS version for your motherboard? As for your Speccy, that doesn't include the make and model of your PSU. Please include it's age as well.

uglyfatandalive

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
- Win version: 22H2 (Pro/licensed)
- Windows update -> Win 11 -> Reset (restore previous version of Win 10)
- BIOS: 8.01 [Beta] / latest
- I don't see PSU in Speccy but its Chieftech 700W or similar and its old but never had any problems.

Lutfij

Titan
Windows update -> Win 11 -> Reset (restore previous version of Win 10)
You're advised to install Windows 11 from scratch to alleviate any internal issues with the upgrade process. You went forward and then back, chances are your OS is corrupt.

Win version: 22H2 (Pro/licensed)
You have about a years worth of updates pending for your OS, I'd advise on reinstalling the OS after recreating the bootable USB installer.

Chieftech 700W
This only tells us the brand of the unit and it's advertised wattage.

You should throw that Chieftech PSU in the bin if my assumptions are correct. You might want to pass on an image of the stickered info found on the PSU. For context, a person might seem fine but over time, as they age, they develop complications, same can be said with anything in tech, they will degrade over time(due to wear and tear).

uglyfatandalive

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
I'm answering from 1 to 3:

- It happened before updates or OS changes. The problem is from before those upgrades and tests
- 22H2 - No new updates even with delivery of early updates checked. I think I'm on latest release of Win 10
- If ain't broken I won't fix it. Never had a problem with it and never heard of PSU making problems with SSD/NVME. Of course, correct me if I'm wrong... Not a professional here :)

Thank you a lot in advance, Lutfij!

Jan 9, 2024
Hello!

My apps do not launch instantly as they used to do. There is a small delay from 2-5 seconds, sometimes even more when I try to start something. I do not know what is going on here but I will be more than happy if someone can help me. This also happens with Windows 11

There is also a strange thing too – ASSD Benchmark shows ultra low speeds of my NVME (see screenshot). This doesn’t happen with CrystalDisk mark – there the speeds are 2k+. Also my Kingston SSD manager doesn’t see my NVME but BIOS and Windows see it without any problem. No way to upgrade the firmware...

Can you help me somehow with those problems? I am frustrated…

Things I’ve tried:
  • Clean boot
  • No services boot
  • No startup items boot
  • Safe mode with networking
  • SFC /scannow + all the tools for repairs
  • Windows Repair (software from Majorgeeks)
  • Adwcleaner + Malwarebytes (0 viruses/malware/adware)
  • Banging my head against the wall

I am attaching: video of the problem (you can see the delay before PS logo), Speccy of my PC, SSD benchmark screenshot. (no viruses – all files are in the WETRANSFER zip)

Files (screenshots + video): https://we.tl/t-9i0bSznbaI

I really do not know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
If you have another drive, try to install a program/app to it and launch it from there. If no delay in that case, then it points to a problem with the Kingston SSD itself.

Reactions: thestryker
When you say the CrystalDiskMark tests are all fine just to make sure what they look like (or you can provide screen) seqentials are both in the thousands, 4k q32 is in the hundreds and 4k is above 30 read and above 50 write.

PSU can cause all sorts of problems, but I'd expect other stability issues if it was related to power.

In your other thread you mentioned the generic driver got the SSD manager to work does everything health and wear wise look okay in it?

Do you have at least 10-20% free space on the drive?

uglyfatandalive

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
Well, first of all - I am sharing ASSD + CrystalDisk benchs. When I changed the NVME controller driver the ASSD software started to work properly.

Health is fine of the drive, 60% is free from the drive.

Answering step5341 - I have installed software to my other 2 SSDs and the "sudden opening of apps" doesn't happen. Still delay from 2-5-10 seconds.

I am thinking - can it be Windows 10 issue? Should I install clean one on my other SSD to see if it works properly? Maybe a software is causing this?

link to the image of benchmarks: https://img.onl/KG7RAR

uglyfatandalive

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
Okay... big update!

- Installed Win10 on my Third SSD - apps launched instantly but after few restarts they started delaying again.
Tested Chrome, Edge, Libre Office and Photoshop 2024 (still small delay on PS 2024)

I am thinking - what can it be? Some Microsoft services? I've tried without the others and no luck.
BIOS problem? Its set to AHCI and there are no other options for the controllers. Can it be CPU issue? I'm with Ryzen 3 if that matters...

NO IDEA anymore :)

Last edited:

General_Cool

Distinguished
Do you experience the same issue in safe mode? This sounds like a ram issue.

You can also try the following:
1. Launch PowerShell
2. Type "Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" and hit enter
3. Type "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" and hit enter
4. Restart your PC