Sep 23, 2019
Hi all, I hope this is in the correct place. I also have doen a ton of searching both here and on the net with no help yet. What I would like to know is this: I have creative sound blaster tactic rage 3d wireless gaming headset ( I know, could they make the name any longer ?). Anyways, I broke the usb adapter that is apparently from what little I can find is the only way for these headphones to work at all even though there is micro usb port on them as well. But My first and biggest question is, how can you use these with your phone i.e. android as I don't use apple products myself. I know there is a creative app in th store but it is only for bluetooth products.
\1

I am just hoping that maybe somebody reading this has either run across an app that works or figured some type of way to direct wifi the headset and the phone. Also as my other question, is there any way to use these headphones without that ada]pter or do i own a nice big paperwieght thatI never actually have been able to listen to (I broke the adapter the day I got them). I would think that you could use the usb port for something but am afraid that it is only there for charging the battery.

Anyways, I am not too optimistic so any good news will be a surprise. I hate to do it but I just may have to shell out the ( If I remember correctly ) $50 thye quoted me for a new transmitter. Which to me is a ludicrous price and also probably why there isn't going to be any way to use them without it. SO thanks in advance for reading this and many more for any advice you may give. Cheers !

Solution
From what I can see about that headset, it does not use a standard bluetooth connection so you need that USB dongle to use it.

You may be able to use it with a standard USB port using a cable, try it and see, a cable is cheap. You may even have one for your phone charging.

Without a standard connectivity option like bluetooth you can't use it without their adapter. If you want a wireless headset that will work universally you would need to get a bluetooth one.

Don't think there is any way to use it with a phone, again you need to get a bluetooth headset or one with a 3.5mm plug if your phone has that.
From what I can see about that headset, it does not use a standard bluetooth connection so you need that USB dongle to use it.

You may be able to use it with a standard USB port using a cable, try it and see, a cable is cheap. You may even have one for your phone charging.

Without a standard connectivity option like bluetooth you can't use it without their adapter. If you want a wireless headset that will work universally you would need to get a bluetooth one.

Don't think there is any way to use it with a phone, again you need to get a bluetooth headset or one with a 3.5mm plug if your phone has that.

Solution