Oct 22, 2022
Hi! I encountered a problem last night. I have a very old PC running on Intel i3 processor & 6GB of DDR3 RAM. Last night suddenly my PC started to shut down/turn off automatically. I turned it on but after sometime it turned of automatically, and that was the last Inturned it on full functionally.

I did everything from removing RAM and cleaning it, removing dust from the fans, cleaning the processor and applying thermal paste to it but nothing worked.

When I start the computer the fans of PSU/SMPS and CPU coller spins but nothing happens next; the display shows nothing. The Hard Drive indicator LED shows no blinks or light just the fans spin and that's it.

Even when I start it the fans spin but no POST SIGNAL BEEP SOUND!

But after that when I turned the computer again there was a spark from the PSU fan!
And I turned the Computer off and unplugged it due to fear. I made several attempts to start the computer but it doesn't turn on.

PLEASE HELP ME!

I AM USING UMAX NPOWER 450 W PSU CURRENTLY

Oct 22, 2022
Replace that garbage PSU with something better and hope it didn't damage anything else when it died.
Thanks for the quick response, Sir! Can you please help me in knowing if it has caused damage to other components? I hope it might not have damaged any of the components because it has short circuit protection.

bignastyid

Titan
Thanks for the quick response, Sir! Can you please help me in knowing if it has caused damage to other components? I hope it might not have damaged any of the components because it has short circuit protection.
I wouldn't trust any protections that those generic PSU's claim. The only way to know if it damaged something is to try another PSU.

TRENDING THREADS