[SOLVED] SSD is Full and I cant figure out how to switch to hdd

Dec 28, 2019
Hello everyone! So I got a pc a few weeks ago and I cant for the life of me figure out how to change my download location to my hdd. I've gone to settings and changed " change where new content is saved" all over to the hdd but that seems to have done nothing, everything still goes to the sdd. Any suggestions?

Solution
Hello everyone! So I got a pc a few weeks ago and I cant for the life of me figure out how to change my download location to my hdd. I've gone to settings and changed " change where new content is saved" all over to the hdd but that seems to have done nothing, everything still goes to the sdd. Any suggestions?
Download through the browser?
That is changeable in the browser settings.

For instance, FireFox:
nUwxIgE.png
You're gonna to tell us what program you want to change your download location.

By the way fulling a SSD is an horrible idea. You should not be filling up a drive more than 85% of it's capacity. If that SSD is your boot drive you're gonna have all sorts of problems soon and it's gonna slow down considerably.

Reactions: itsRockiii

USAFRet

Titan

For instance, FireFox:
nUwxIgE.png

Reactions: itsRockiii
Solution

popatim

Titan
Program/app installs you change during the install. Often you need to avoid the typical or quick install and choose custom or advanced and then change "c:\program files..." to "d:\program files..." (I just change the drive letter at the front of the string) d: being whatever letter you assigned to your hdd.

You also need to change your temp folder location reboot and then delete the old temp folder.
The library locations for pics, music, documents, & videos you need to add a location on the hdd and then move the contents from the folder on C: to D: and then remove the C: library locations
Apps from Launchers typically can be moved to another drive rather then uninstalled and reinstalled. Like from Steam, Windows App Store,. Origin... As well as change the default installation drive/folder in these Launcher apps.
If you use Onedrive you can change that location.
If you have a Windows.old folder on your C: drive, it's to roll back from an upgrade (like 7 to 10 or 10.1803 to 10.1909) you can move it or even delete it if you don't plan on rolling back.

Dec 28, 2019

By the way fulling a SSD is an horrible idea. You should not be filling up a drive more than 85% of it's capacity. If that SSD is your boot drive you're gonna have all sorts of problems soon and it's gonna slow down considerably.

For instance, FireFox:
nUwxIgE.png
Thank you i figured it out!

Dec 28, 2019

thanks for the advice.. ill make sure to keep my ssd clean !