[SOLVED] stuck in a bios loop after installing Windows on SSD

Jul 29, 2021
I recently upgraded my prebuilt pc where i upgraded only my ram and also added an SSD in there. the asus motherboard and intel cpu is still intact, untouched. Before this, my PC have been booting up from my original HDD so I decided to do something about it. I installed Windows 10 on my SSD while the HDD is still connected so technically I have Windows on both drives. Since I installed Windows on my SSD, I reformat my HDD so that the original windows and boot files on the HDD will be gone. This way, I thought I will be able to boot from my SSD then. However, after reformating my HDD, I restarted my PC and it brings me to my bios. My SSD showed up in the boot order but everytime I press save and exit, it will bring me back to the BIOS instead of booting up Windows 10. Please I would appreciate it if anyone could help :((

Solution
okok will do! i may have wiped out some important partition (recovery?) in the HDD during the formatting, causing the loop. do u know whats the problem?
Yes.
When you installed the OS on the new drive with the old one still connected, it merged the boot info onto that old drive.

Wiping that drive clean, and no boot for you.

Jul 29, 2021
okok will do! i may have wiped out some important partition (recovery?) in the HDD during the formatting, causing the loop. do u know whats the problem?

USAFRet

Titan
Yes.
When you installed the OS on the new drive with the old one still connected, it merged the boot info onto that old drive.

Wiping that drive clean, and no boot for you.

Solution
Jul 29, 2021
ahh i see i see... hii, im currently at the windows setup screen and i got a message saying "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one, For more information, see the Setup log files." This popped up when i clicked on the primary partition of the SSD to install Windows. Any idea on how to solve this?

USAFRet

Titan
ahh i see i see... hii, im currently at the windows setup screen and i got a message saying "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one, For more information, see the Setup log files." This popped up when i clicked on the primary partition of the SSD to install Windows. Any idea on how to solve this?
In the above linked tutorial, Section II, Step 6 & 7...

DELETE ALL existing partitions on the drive.
Continue.