[SOLVED] Sudden Frame Drops

Aug 5, 2019
I've been playing games for a while. I've no FPS issues at all, but suddenly this year I'm having some issues. Every time I go into the middle of a battle my frames drop to 10-20 for a second. I never had this problem, so now I don't understand why.

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

RAM:
16 GB

Video Card:
AMD Radeon RX 580

Little extra note :
-Temperature is about 150F or 65C
-The last time I cleaned my PC is this month but not thoroughly
-Here's a youtube video which had the exact same problem as mine:
View: https://youtu.be/Ke6IYgHyPDc

Last edited:
Solution
If you turn on the windows game bar by pushing Windows+G, in the top right there is a tab called performance (beta), if you click the pin button next to the X on this window, it will stay pinned and overlay games, once pinned, close the game bar by pushing Windows+G. I would then launch the game, and when you drop frames look too see if any of your hardware is maxing out. Alternatively if you have a second monitor, launch task manager and select performance. You can view real time updates on what your hardware is up to whilst playing. Then you should be able to pinpoint which piece of hardware can't cope, or has got a fault with it.
Feb 19, 2020
If you turn on the windows game bar by pushing Windows+G, in the top right there is a tab called performance (beta), if you click the pin button next to the X on this window, it will stay pinned and overlay games, once pinned, close the game bar by pushing Windows+G. I would then launch the game, and when you drop frames look too see if any of your hardware is maxing out. Alternatively if you have a second monitor, launch task manager and select performance. You can view real time updates on what your hardware is up to whilst playing. Then you should be able to pinpoint which piece of hardware can't cope, or has got a fault with it.

Solution