Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Today I was installing xbox controller drivers on my Logitech f710 controller because Windows was not loading the plug and play drivers of logitech correctly ,so I manually on device manager tried to install xbox 360 controller drivers and the system just crashed , I saw some artifacts on screen followed by a black screen , so I powered off the system on the power button as it was not responding to nothing ... then when I boot the system it scans my SSD after scanning tries to repair windows and fail to repair so I started on safe mode and it started normally , I unistalled all controller drivers and restarted again the system and it started fine but I noticed that on event log shows some warning on a AMD display driver that have failed and recovered and some kernel power error after I started the system again . . Then I´ve run 2 benchmarks on heaven benchmark and 1 h of stability test on aida 64 and , reeinstalled the controllers drivers this time instaling xbox 360 receiver drivers on device manager ,until now I had no crashes again .

what it could be ? just a driver issue on the gamepad or something else .... ?

Latest AMD drivers says something like this on issues notes "Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely." I was not gaming anyway so idk if it is related in someway .

Buld :

CPU :AMD a8 6600k

MB :MSi a88xm-e35

RAM: Corsair xms3 4gb(x2)

PSU: Bitfenix Formula Gold 550w

GPU: AMD XFX GTS XXX RX 580 4gb

System: Windows 10 pro 1909 (fresh installed on 6-3-20 because I´ve changed the PSU)

SSD :KIngston A400 120gb

HDD:WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm

HDD 2 : HSTG of 500 gb , some 2"5 model of 5400 rpm

Temperatures on full stress on AIDA 64 during 1 h : GPU 81ºc maximum , CPU: 49ºc maximum , MB : 31ºc maximum

Last edited:

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Probably just a controller driver issue as the xbox 360 drivers are pretty old at this point
it was odd anyway , because I have done this every time I did a fresh install on windows because there are the only drivers that used to work on my gamepad . this was the first time that seen this .
but it is everything fine until now , hope that don´t get anymore crashes like this , I only have to change the gamepad apparently because with last updates windows seems to not load the gamepad drivers when I boot the computer or restart it .

Zdos123

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
it was odd anyway , because I have done this every time I did a fresh install on windows because there are the only drivers that used to work on my gamepad . this was the first time that seen this .
but it is everything fine until now , hope that don´t get anymore crashes like this , I only have to change the gamepad apparently because with last updates windows seems to not load the gamepad drivers when I boot the computer or restart it .
It's just windows being windows

Reactions: Rui Neves