Question System freezing, crashing, and rebooting if graphics drivers are installed.

arafat19932

Honorable
Jan 15, 2016
I've a system with the bellow mentioned components.
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • Mobo: Asrock B450M Pro4-F R2.0
  • RAM: PNY XLR8 8GBx2
  • HDD: WD blue 1TB
  • SSD: Lexar 256 GB
  • PSU: Corsair CV 450W OR Thermaltake Litepower 450W
  • GPU: Amd Radeon RX 550 4GB OR Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
I bought the system in February 2021 and it was working great w/o any issues. However, recently I started facing random pixelation, freezes, crashes, and rebooting in both windows 10 and linux ( archlabs linux). I was using an Amd Radeon RX 550 4 GB at that time. I thought it might be a GPU issue. I reinstalled my GPU driver using DDU w/o resolution of the issue. I switched to a Nvidia GTX 960 2GB but the problem persisted. I changed my PSU from the Corsair one to the Thermaltake one but the issue still persisted. I was booting from my HDD at that time. I installed a new SSD and installed windows 10, windows 11, and linux on it. The issue still persisted in any given hardware combo. Once I uninstalled all of my drivers using DDU in windows or in linux didn't install nvidia or amd grahics drivers, I didn't have any issue at all. I've been using my PC w/o installing any vendor graphics drivers since then w/o any issue but the downside is that I can't play any games at all.
Can you guys/girls please help me to find out which of my component might be causing the issue. I'm guessing this might have something to do with the PCIE slot or something. I've warranty of all of my parts. So, if I cant find the issue, I can claim warranty. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Corsair CV 450W OR Thermaltake Litepower 450W
^ Neither of them are good quality PSU's. You should look into a branded, good quality unit that has at least 550W of power for the entire system. If you have access to Corsair, why not look into their CX or TX series of units?