Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys.
I built my PC two weeks ago and since then I used an SSD. Windows is installed on SSD and everything was fine.
Yesterday I bought a WD Blue 4TB HDD and fortmatted and partitioned it from Windows Disk Manager.
I felt system performance decreased cause my FPS in R6 was about 160 but after installing Hard was about 130. I was okay with it til today. My PC was downloading some games last night and I didn't turn it off for the night and today (after about 21 hours from starting downloads) everything was super slow and firefox was "Not Responding" even though I re-lunched it. So I restarted my PC and it didn't even boot the Windows. Then I went to BIOS and checked the boot priority and it was on my SSD so everything should be fine. I disabled SATA chipset ports from BIOS and restarted and then suddenly it booted. Everything was fine like nothing ever happened. And I should add this: Windows logo apears and it try to boot windows but it doesn't(when HDD is connected).
My SSD use M.2 btw.
Ryzen 2700X
RTX 2060S
GIGABYTE X470 Ultra Gaming Aorus

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019
Does the WD HDD still show up in the BIOS?
If you try booting with the HDD connected can you hear the drive spin up, or hear clicking?
Have you tried plugging the HDD in different Sata ports?
Yes HDD shows up in BIOS.
I didn't try to hear it but does it matter? Cause windows is on SSD>
Yes I did try plugging in defferent SATA ports.

Aug 30, 2019
If the WD HDD is faulty it can prevent the computer from working properly.
I'm gonna connect it to another PC tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'll take it to warranty but until then if anything comes up to your mind tell me plz. tnx
But I don't really know why should it be faulty. Last night it worked fine and I didn't do anything risky since then.