On startup popup tells me, in short, that the Task Scheduler Service is not
running, when it actually is running (Start, rt click My Computer, Manage,
Services & Admin, Services, TSS Status Started, Startup Type Auto, Log On As
Local System). Use Dell D600 laptop in standalone environment, using WinXP
Home, so there are two settings: Default All Users and D600\Owner (which is
me) with Administrator privileges. Have checked a couple of areas to see what
is going on and to make comparisons in settings, properties, etc but don't
know what to do to correct this problem. The info. attached to the Event
Viewer Application error msg doesn't make sense to me & provided link to this
newsgroup. The only automated task that seems to work (so far I hv created
two) is that loaded up automatically by Norton AntiVirus 2005 (Symantec
NetDetect is name of task (repeats every 4hrs) & relates to LiveUpdates
service & is the reason for the popup msg, which runs when I choose it).

Byte

Start>Run>type services.msc and click OK
Scroll down to Task Scheduler and click on it.
You have 3 choices - Stop, Pause and Restart.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"CEC4" wrote:

> On startup popup tells me, in short, that the Task Scheduler Service is not
> running, when it actually is running (Start, rt click My Computer, Manage,
> Services & Admin, Services, TSS Status Started, Startup Type Auto, Log On As
> Local System). Use Dell D600 laptop in standalone environment, using WinXP
> Home, so there are two settings: Default All Users and D600\Owner (which is
> me) with Administrator privileges. Have checked a couple of areas to see what
> is going on and to make comparisons in settings, properties, etc but don't
> know what to do to correct this problem. The info. attached to the Event
> Viewer Application error msg doesn't make sense to me & provided link to this
> newsgroup. The only automated task that seems to work (so far I hv created
> two) is that loaded up automatically by Norton AntiVirus 2005 (Symantec
> NetDetect is name of task (repeats every 4hrs) & relates to LiveUpdates
> service & is the reason for the popup msg, which runs when I choose it).

Thankyou, Byte. Chose Restart; my tasks are now working as scheduled (have
both set for the PM on a Friday). Have a good weekend, cheers!
--
CEC4