[SOLVED] The light of 1 of my coolers does not work

Jul 21, 2020
I bought a new computer 2 weeks ago , but now the light of 1 of 3 fans (the one in the back) does not work. I only get a small light beep while starting up but after that no light at all. Front ones work fine.

The fans are standard fans from the Sharkoon vg7.
For as far as I can tell (not an expert), the fan is plucked into my motherboard which is Gigabite H410M H.

I dont know where the fans in the front are connected to since the wires go behind a backpanel.

Does anyone know what the problem may be, and how to fix this?

Solution
The fans included in your case are called LED Fans. The lights in their frames are one colour only, and simply connected in parallel with the fan motor, so they get whatever voltage the fan motor gets. When the mobo decides that a fan needs to run slowly, it reduces the voltage, and that means the LIGHT also gets much dimmer. It will brighten when the fan speeds up as you do more work.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The fans included in your case are called LED Fans. The lights in their frames are one colour only, and simply connected in parallel with the fan motor, so they get whatever voltage the fan motor gets. When the mobo decides that a fan needs to run slowly, it reduces the voltage, and that means the LIGHT also gets much dimmer. It will brighten when the fan speeds up as you do more work.

Reactions: williamruijm
Solution
Jul 21, 2020
That has to be it then. Thanks!
I got confused cause the front ones are always on.