The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
Mathieu B - Hello and welcome! No sarcasm in it at all, I call it AS I see it :) btw madskillz is a trackname and in some parts referred to as a compliment for having an insane amount of talent - its urban lingo :D

Stick - Nice work! and to top that off you'll be getting a 360(3x120) on the top or a 420(3x140) up there, right?

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

I live in Canada so none of those options are available lol, Im going in for Combat Engineering or Weapons Tech

Yeah it's between the Coolgate Ultimate 360mm (to match my 240mm up front) or the Alphacool XT45 360mm. Wait until the fans come! They're gorgeous..

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Im trying to get my hands on some Corsair Air Series 140MM WHITE LED fans and its just a pain atm in Canada, I mean I can go buy them from a retail store but if I can purchase them through our business I pay less right so, its just corsair stuff is hard to get in Canada atm for suppliers. I want them though because my case is dark and has nothing to show off my orange sleeving.

Mathieub: FWIW I believe it takes a person of character to be willing to stand for his country enough to join its military. I did not serve (not eligible), but I got to be the son of a United States Marine (and brother of another). [shortrant] It pains me to no end the way our elected parasites now treat the military as their personal playtoys...[/shortrant]

Anyway, I've reached the comfortable (but boring as heck) position of not needing more powerful upgrades to meet my anticipated needs for the foreseeable future. In fact, until/unless I find another decent game (or two), I suspect I'd find a HD7750 adequate most of the time. To that end, although replacing parts for lower power use is generally penny wise and pound foolish, among the systems I already have, I am going to be re-organizing my PCs to use the least power possible. Having given Omega a good opportunity to flex since replacing its 970BE with a FX-8320, I am going to switch to Gypsy for general use for a while and see how it does. I suspect I will indeed find another game to play (a friend suggested one called "Last Chaos") that will be too demanding to enjoy on a HD7750, in which case I'll go back to Phoenix with its HD7870.
I'm also sorely tempted to see how much more Midget can handle.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Onus: I agree with your statement about how the politicians in the USA are basically playing with the lives of their soldiers. I am from Canada though and our Government is a little more respective with how it treats its troops, now that being said, that does not change the amount of respect I have for any countries service men.

^Exactly. I noted in your earlier post that you are Canadian. As a former hockey fan, I have heard your national anthem many times. I've become less interested in hockey since The Great One (and those of his era) retired, and now other interests have been consuming my time. I could see getting back into it some day though.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
^Im originally dutch so I cant really say Hockey is my favorite sport, im 6'4 so I play a lot of basketball ;P As for hobbies my hobby is my job which is a really good thing and im lucky especially for my age to be doing something that I really enjoy rather than flipping burger somewhere.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Heres something to feast your eyes on

Current 4K Editing machine were building for a client

Dual Xeon Processors total of 24 cores, (real and virtual)
64GB DDR3 RAM
Dual GTX780's
8X 1TB drives in Raid 5

bg1s44.jpg

I would just make a few LED strips. Then you don't have to rely on the LED of the fans, which usually doesn't give the effect you want anyway, and you can get some different fans if need be.

theawolwarrior

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hey guys I know I shouldnt be asking this on here but I really need some fast help, so I've been using this cooler master evo 212 for about 2 months but I havent been overclocking since when I did my cpu temps went really high (only 1.21v for 4.3 ghz so I didnt mess up on that) what I need help on is re-installing the cpu fan so should I replace the thermal tape or just make sure its installed properly? (Im really sure that the problem is either with the thermal paste or the x-bracket not lining up right since it took me about 30 mins to install it)

If you ever remove the cooler from the cpu, you should replace the thermal paste.

Make sure the bracket screws are lined up for the socket you are using(they have 3 locations if I remember right(775 | 1156/1155/1150 and 1366).).

Installing with the fan off makes it more easy as well(even if it moved or twists side to side a bit while installing it will not hurt anything).

Omega is now sitting idle on my work table; Gypsy has become my primary at least for some testing on what I run most. Time to update my .sig...

For potentially dirt-cheap non-gaming home and general purpose builds, I'm curious to see how AM1 systems will do.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Its a corsair 750D and an H90 so its a gorgeous case and a good cooler so read your facts bud ;)

He was talking about your build you posted that you are working on for the client. He didn't really think the comment through though because the case is perfect for a workstation build and multiple closed loop coolers would NOT be a good idea at all or even work.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Humor doesn't transfer well over the internet. Also other people might not think its funny after putting hours of work and thousands of dollars into something. Im not trying to tell you off, just a suggestion.