[SOLVED] Too much heat? Or is it fine?

Solution
if the core temps move....relative to the package temps.....I think it's still an error....and possibly just some offset.

There is no way the cpu is running at 114C.

I would trust the package temp....and that's it.
Many times.....when you use software to read the sensors....you can get incorrect values for various reasons.....and you need to weed these out.

In your case...the core temp is pretty outrageous for a machine that's running....so I would ignore that.

The package temp is more likely to be accurate.

One way to tell bogus temp readings when using software like this....is generally bogus readings don't change much.

CoDrift

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
Many times.....when you use software to read the sensors....you can get incorrect values for various reasons.....and you need to weed these out.

In your case...the core temp is pretty outrageous for a machine that's running....so I would ignore that.

The package temp is more likely to be accurate.

One way to tell bogus temp readings when using software like this....is generally bogus readings don't change much.
I see, but the thing is it does change... I reduced the load and enabled battery saver, temps dropped to 55/90 and fans aren't spinning. It's only warm to the touch.
I think the core temps are from the die itself whereas the package might be from the IHS. Then again, I'm worried it'll kill itself so better to be careful since I need to daily drive this thing.