Question troubleshoot First time builder needs help troubleshooting a potentially corrupted BIOS.

Jul 10, 2019
Hello all,

So, I have just built my new PC as a first-timer. All the hardware was installed correctly and I managed to install windows... However, the problem I'm facing is after updating BIOS and installing Drivers with the Gigabyte App Center, (which I'm not sure I even needed to do) I can no longer get my new computer to work. I can turn it on, all the fans spin and LEDs from the motherboard and Graphics Card does light up. However, none of the ports are working so I have no monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc and I can no longer turn off the computer using the power button I have to use the switch at the back.

I'm really stuck with this, some people have told me I may have potentially corrupted the BIOS as the update only got to 33%. I really need some help as building computers is very new to me and I'm scared I may have done something serious, I have already tried removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes but this still hasn't worked.

Any help at all is grateful, thanks in advance.

Specs;

Gigabyte B450M Gaming
Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ GPU

Jul 10, 2019
And you will have to use the f1 bios unless you know what chipset you had installed.
I have a replacement motherboard I'm going to install tonight. Is there any chance something could've happened to other components, GPU, etc or would a complete motherboard swap fix all the problems.

Is it as simple as taking the old one out and replacing or do I need to reformat the SSD/HDD?

Many thanks