Question Unable to update bios for gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi(rev 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinikin

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
[Specs]
CPU: Ryzen 3800x
RAM: 16 GB 3600mhz
GPU: RTX 2080 super
Mobo: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro wifi (rev1.0)
Case: NZXT H1

My bios version is currently F4. but I want to update my bios to F12f. I formatted a usb thumbdrive into Fat32 and extracted the ZIP files into it. Everytime I select the bios file in Q-flash it says "BIOS ID check error" im pretty sure im downloading from the right page. (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios). Has anyone else experienced similar issues updating Bios on gigabyte boards? Is there something specific I need to do with the extracted files before putting it onto the thumbdrive?

vinikin

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I have the same board and went from F4 to F11 with no issues. I just downloaded it to the USB and updated through the BIOS. Are you plugging in the USB to the Q-Flash port?
Yes, i plugged it into the Q flash usb port. did you download the bios from the same website I linked? did you just extract the files into the usb and then plug it in ?

Yes, i plugged it into the Q flash usb port. did you download the bios from the same website I linked? did you just extract the files into the usb and then plug it in ?
Yes,same website. I believe I downloaded it to a USB. Switched my pc off, plugged the usb into the Q-flash port, turned my pc on and went into the BIOS, and then just went to the Q-flash menu screen and downloaded it. I hate downloading new BIOS though as I know it can totally screw your system if done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.