Question Unknown type of folder (icon) after download and unzip

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdays

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Win 8.1 (x64)

Recently I downloaded a zipped folder of what should be music files.
My concern is that the unzipped folder displays an odd icon design in the file explorer. It is all similar to the standard ones but in color: it's purple, with a small red and green area in larger icon views, instead of the standard beige white and blue.
After inspection there is nothing else I could find about it that would make it look suspicious, still I didn't try opening it.
I'm not as worried as I am curious about this since I've never seen it before, and after a quick but thorough search, I didn't find any information about it.

Anyone got a clue?

tomdays

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
We'd need to see a screencap of this icon.

And a 'zipped folder of music files' .... from where?
Unless you know the source, that is quite hazardous.

Source of the original upload is unknown, I just searched for a zippyshare link which I usually do.

This is my first time posting a thread, is there a way I can insert an image directly or do I have to upload elsewhere and add the link?

USAFRet

Titan
Source of the original upload is unknown, I just searched for a zippyshare link which I usually do.

This is my first time posting a thread, is there a way I can insert an image directly or do I have to upload elsewhere and add the link?
" I just searched for a zippyshare link "

That is unlikely to be malware free.

Yes, you need to upload it to somewhere like imgur.com, and post the BBCode link here.

Status
Not open for further replies.