Aug 21, 2020
Hi,
So I bought an Acer Aspire TC-330 at christmas, and am now looking into getting a new GPU & CPU. I realised that i'm using an awful APU, and am wondering if I can remove the APU and put in the CPU (AMD RYZEN 3 3300X) & GPU (GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER). I know very little about PCs, but cant find a straight answer online,

Thanks

Solution
Your best bet is to sell that TC-300 as is for whatever you can and get something new.

It uses an FM2 socket, which you cannot use a Ryzen CPU in

It uses a proprietary case and PSU, aftermarket boards won't fit and the PSU is too small to run that GPU.

You need a motherboard, case, PSU, ram, and the GPU, so basically other than the hard drive/SSD a whole new system.
Aug 21, 2020
Yeah, thats the link.
the motherboard is an Aspire TC-330
(sorry, this makes me sound like an idiot, but Idk how to upload photos)
Can I upgrade the PSU?

Thanks

Yeah, thats the link.
the motherboard is an Aspire TC-330
(sorry, this makes me sound like an idiot, but Idk how to upload photos)
Can I upgrade the PSU?

Thanks

We usually use imgur, and then copy the .jpg ("Direct Link" option If I remember correctly) and paste it here using the "Insert Image" icon.

If you can, take and post some pics of the psu and the inside of the PC case too.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Your best bet is to sell that TC-300 as is for whatever you can and get something new.

It uses an FM2 socket, which you cannot use a Ryzen CPU in

It uses a proprietary case and PSU, aftermarket boards won't fit and the PSU is too small to run that GPU.

You need a motherboard, case, PSU, ram, and the GPU, so basically other than the hard drive/SSD a whole new system.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution