jam500

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Please vote on the poll! All votes are helpful and much appreciated 😁

Just curious about your opinions on panel choice (mainly VA vs IPS) for multimedia consumption, namely watching movies/TV shows. If super accurate colours are not an issue because no editing or content creation will be done on it, would a VA look more appealing due to the better contrast ratios for this purpose or would you say the accurate colours of the IPS are still the winning choice?

If it was to also be used for gaming (mostly flick intensive FPS with a few graphic oriented single-player games) would you change your decision?

On a side note feel free to suggest your favourite 1440p 144hz VA or IPS monitors as I am currently looking for one 👌

Last edited:
Solution

Just curious about your opinions on panel choice (mainly VA vs IPS) for multimedia consumption, namely watching movies/TV shows. If super accurate colours are not an issue because no editing or content creation will be done on it, would a VA look more appealing due to the better contrast ratios for this purpose or would you say the accurate colours of the IPS are still the winning choice?

If it was to also be used for gaming (mostly flick intensive FPS with a few graphic oriented single-player games) would you change your decision?

On a side note feel free to suggest your favourite 1440p 144hz VA or IPS monitors as I am currently looking for...
honestly, both VA and IPS are prefectly fine. a decent panel is important. whether it's VA or IPS is rather secondary. VA's colours are more than good enough, IPS screens are good enough in dark settings. both are adequate for watching movies and gaming. things like glare vs. matte are far more important imho.

On a side note feel free to suggest your favourite 1440p 144hz VA or IPS monitors as I am currently looking for one 👌

Just the type of screen is not the only thing, you can get high end IPS that are better for gaming than low end VA screens. Depends on the price. I would go with a good IPS vs a VA if budget was not an issue for both gaming and movies. If price was an issue, VA for gaming since they would have better refresh rates and response time for the same cost.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS