VBScript for delete files

dear gurus,

I would need a vbscript which delete all the files of a set of folders.

Does anyone know how could i do such thing?
regards,

Hi,

There's two options, you can either delete the folder at the top of the
tree (thereby deleting everything below it), or you can delete specific
files. The WSH object is called the FileSystemObject and can be used
with VBSciprt and JScript.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Thanks Gerry,

But I was wondering how can I do a loop in the top folder (foldergeneral) in
order to check out every folder and once there, delete the specified files?

\\folder1\foldergeneral\1
\\folder1\foldergeneral\2
\\folder1\foldergeneral\3
\\folder1\foldergeneral\4

Best regards,

"Gerry Hickman" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's two options, you can either delete the folder at the top of the
> tree (thereby deleting everything below it), or you can delete specific
> files. The WSH object is called the FileSystemObject and can be used
> with VBSciprt and JScript.
>
> Enric wrote:
>
> > dear gurus,
> >
> > I would need a vbscript which delete all the files of a set of folders.
> >
> > Does anyone know how could i do such thing?
> > regards,
>

> --
> Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Hi Enric,

Well you wanted one thing, and now you want something different -
enumeration of folders and testing of files before deletion. In general
this is done using recursion with the SubFolders collection of the
Folder object of the FileSystemObject, or you can use WMI if you don't
care about UNC paths.

For full details and examples, you may want to post about this in the
WSH newsgroup on this server.

If you want advanced programming examples, you may want to post in the
WMI newsgroup on this server.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

euelvis

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
'Delete specified folder and subfolders
'Atention!!! Files or folders will not be saved in Recycle Bin
strFolderPath="C:\New Folder"

Set fso=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If fso.FolderExists(strFolderPath) Then
set demofolder = fso.GetFolder(strFolderPath)

'The True parameter remove the folder forcefully
fso.DeleteFolder strFolderPath, True 'Delete the copied folder
'fso.CreateFolder strFolderPath 'Create a new folder with the name specified in variable
'fso.DeleteFolder(strFolderPath) 'Another method for delete
WScript.Echo "Deleted folder!!!"
else
WScript.Echo "Inexistent folder!!!"
End If

'Enjoy

unlawful_pub

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
This work great for me but I wanted to create a vbs script like this but it will delete the recent files and folder added.. Suppose like in my computer or network computer in the directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs I have many programs installed I want only the NEW FOLDERS AND FILES added be deleted and the old folders be remind.

Can you please help me on this? Thanks

unlawful_pub

euelvis

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008

'Delete specified subfolders after a specified target date
'Atention!!! Files or folders will not be saved in Recycle Bin
'In your case is strFolderPath=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

strFolderPath="C:\New Folder"
strComputer="."
yourdate=CDate("2011-03-14 20:30:00")
Set fso=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject" )

If fso.FolderExists(strFolderPath) Then
set demofolder = fso.GetFolder(strFolderPath)
strSubFolderPath=""
Set colSubfolders = demofolder.Subfolders
For Each objSubfolder in colSubfolders
If FormatDateTime(objSubfolder.DateCreated) >= FormatDateTime(yourdate) Then
'Wscript.Echo objSubfolder.Name, objSubfolder.Size _
'& VbCrlf & "Date created: " & objSubfolder.DateCreated
strSubFolderPath= strFolderPath & "\" & objSubfolder.Name
fso.DeleteFolder strSubFolderPath, True 'Delete the subfolder
WScript.Echo "The SubFolder " & strSubFolderPath & " was deleted!!!"
End If
Next

'The True parameter remove the folder forcefully
'fso.DeleteFolder strFolderPath, True 'Delete the copied folder

'fso.CreateFolder strFolderPath 'Create a new folder with the name specified in variable
'fso.DeleteFolder(strFolderPath) 'Another method for delete

else
WScript.Echo "Inexistent folder!!!"
End If

WScript.Quit