[SOLVED] Vega 56 AsRock Good or bad?

Rick_3

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
Found a pretty solid prebuilt system for pretty cheap but it has a Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB ASRock Phantom Gaming X, read about that it has a lot of flaws since its a blower card. Is it really that bad or will I be fine for the cheap price?

Solution
Hey thanks for the reply; Could you tell me if this would be a good build? For 1080 gaming.

GPU: Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB ASRock Phantom Gaming X (Could swap it for an AMD RX VEGA 64 8GB - Gigabyte Gaming OC )
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX
RAM: 16gb G.Skill 3000mhz
PSU: Corsair VS550 550W

The power supply is of inappropriately low quality for a PC with a Vega 56. Like a lot of prebuilts, they cheaped out on the power supply since they only need the PC to survive long enough to get through warranty. Whatever the price is, add $80 to take into consideration a GPU like this ought to be powered by at least a 550W SeaSonic Focus or Corsair RMx/Tx; for all intents and purposes, this PC comes without a power...

Rick_3

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
The Vega 56 blower is not too bad as it has lower power consuption, so with a bit of tweaking of the fan curve you will be good!
Hey thanks for the reply; Could you tell me if this would be a good build? For 1080 gaming.

GPU: Radeon RX VEGA 56 8GB ASRock Phantom Gaming X (Could swap it for an AMD RX VEGA 64 8GB - Gigabyte Gaming OC )

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan

The power supply is of inappropriately low quality for a PC with a Vega 56. Like a lot of prebuilts, they cheaped out on the power supply since they only need the PC to survive long enough to get through warranty. Whatever the price is, add $80 to take into consideration a GPU like this ought to be powered by at least a 550W SeaSonic Focus or Corsair RMx/Tx; for all intents and purposes, this PC comes without a power supply.

It's hard to say whether a build is good or bad without knowing the price. There are prices at which this is an amazing purchase and prices at which it's a terrible one.

Solution

HALIFAX3

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
^ This,
The build looks pretty solid minus the power supply. Vega 56 is great @1080p and okay @1440. I run a Vega 56 red dragon but like the previous poster has mentioned it needs a beefy psu. For that I run a Corsair rm750x. A quality 550 watt psu minimum is necessary.