Nov 18, 2021
Hello, I have been having a temperature problem with my i7 10700k for a few days now.
when I boot up the PC it just instantly to around 80C and then it slowly makes it way down to like 70C/75C where it idles but then the second I start a program or likewise, it jumps to 99C and starts thermal throttling, today was the first day where it has actually died and when I started it again it said something like "CPU over heating", at the moment of writing this it sits at 5% load 99C and 3GHz with fans going at max, the GPU doesnt have any thermal issues

My current setup is:
i7 10700k
MSI mag core liquid 240r
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
NZXT h510 case

I have turned off MCE and I have not overclocked the CPU, I have had both CPU and cooler for exactly a year now and I have switched thermal paste yesterday, please help

Solution
A quick search shows the D15(165mm tall) supposedly fitting in the H510(165mm air cooler clearance), but your experience may vary.
What definitely won't fit is the cooler's front fan if you are using ram taller than 31mm. Then the fan will have to be moved behind the 2nd tower or removed entirely.

magbarn

Reputable
Dec 9, 2020
You could use toothpaste and even with that your CPU shouldn't be running that hot as long as your cooler is working. Sounds like your cooler's water pump is bad. If your cpu is running at 99C, your radiator should be steaming hot, IF your cooler was working properly

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021
Hello, I have been having a temperature problem with my i7 10700k for a few days now.
when I boot up the PC it just instantly to around 80C and then it slowly makes it way down to like 70C/75C where it idles but then the second I start a program or likewise, it jumps to 99C and starts thermal throttling, today was the first day where it has actually died and when I started it again it said something like "CPU over heating", at the moment of writing this it sits at 5% load 99C and 3GHz with fans going at max, the GPU doesnt have any thermal issues

My current setup is:
i7 10700k
MSI mag core liquid 240r
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
NZXT h510 case

I have turned off MCE and I have not overclocked the CPU, I have had both CPU and cooler for exactly a year now and I have switched thermal paste yesterday, please help
hey i have the same problem with same components. My idle temp is 45-65 degress and it goes up to 100 when i launch a game. My computers was bought in january 2021 so im still on guarantee. I have cleaned everything and still getting those temps.
it all started when i download nvidia last driver and my pc start working very slow, with 10 fps. I rolled back to previous drivers and started working fine again but somehow i came to see the cpu temps which i never did before so i dont know if my problem has been there for a long time.
Tomorrow i have a remote techincal support from the shop i bough it and ill keep you posted

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A quick search shows the D15(165mm tall) supposedly fitting in the H510(165mm air cooler clearance), but your experience may vary.
What definitely won't fit is the cooler's front fan if you are using ram taller than 31mm. Then the fan will have to be moved behind the 2nd tower or removed entirely.

Solution
Nov 18, 2021
I am switching to a Fractal Design Meshify 2 also, and it should fit everything I need

sonofjesse

Distinguished
is this or a NH-D15 better?

I think the DH15 beat it by a small margin(if memory serves 5-15%), however its a good bit more money. 66% more cost for 15% performance to me is not a good trade. I love notuca stuff, but like a lot of top brands (Samsung/apple) your paying some of that money for the name and new research, employee benefits etc.

I love the front fan on the FUMA being less wide, so it fits any RAM (I have seen anyway).Also the noise level is super close to the d15

To be the Fuma 2 is a better VALUE with very close to the performance of higher coolers, with better RAM clearance.

That is my .02 cents. and I would go with the FUMA 2 and save the 40 bucks.

One video on it........

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT0UtQQ1rEo