[SOLVED] Want to change my mobo (s1155 + rx 570)

Falcone

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
Hi, i want to change my MOBO and myb CPU. My current components:
CPU: i5 3340 3.1 GHz
GPU: RX 570 4 GB asus strix
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
MOBO: gigabyte technology co. ltd z68p-ds3 - (LGA 1155 socket)

I want to replace the motherboard because I lost the internet port due to a thunderstorm. I can buy the same motherboard and it costs around 30-40 euros, but it usually comes with a CPU.
I want to find the best solution to solve this problem, and I can spend somewhere around 100-130 euros at most.

I'm thinking whether to take only same mobo or the Intel Core I7 3770 processor for somewhere around 40-50 euros plus the mobo of course.
The current cpu and the one i may intend to get have the same socket, and honestly I wouldn't spend a lot to buy a stronger cpu than the current one.
I'm only interested in whether both (current and new) processors (1155 ivy bridge) can only be plug and play or will i have to update the bios ?
Of course, will the i7 bottleneck my graphics a lot ?
Or should i leave everything as it is, and invest what I was thinking of giving to the new cpu in an additional RAM ?

I am complicating a lot, but the situation is really difficult for me, I want to find the best solution.

Falcone

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
RAM?

I thought you were just looking for ethernet/WiFi...

If you want to change for other reasons, thats a whole different thing.
Im somehow afraid that these adapters won't give the same speed as the integrated ones, thats also one of the reasons why I want another mobo and probably a processor. I'm probably wrong?

Also, every time I turn on the pc, I have pixels on the screen (BIOS screen) and this has been happening since I inserted this gpu. And no, it's not about the gpu, it works perfectly fine, but I think its because of the bios (i think that update is needed). This is not problem now, but just need to remind because myb with new (used) mobo, i will solve these weird problems

USAFRet

Titan
Im somehow afraid that these adapters won't give the same speed as the integrated ones, thats also one of the reasons why I want another mobo and probably a processor. I'm probably wrong?

Also, every time I turn on the pc, I have pixels on the screen (BIOS screen) and this has been happening since I inserted this gpu. And no, it's not about the gpu, it works perfectly fine, but I think its because of the bios (i think that update is needed). This is not problem now, but just need to remind because myb with new (used) mobo, i will solve these weird problems
A good quality PCIe ethernet agdapter will deliver the typical gigabit performance, just like your native ethernet port did.

June 2020 I also had a lightning strike take out my ethernet port.

A $15 PCIe adapter, and there was zero difference.