adze7

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
Hi,

About 6 months ago I bought a custom built PC, which was assembled in company and sent to me. About a week ago water cooling system started to get really loud. Noise is similar to vibrating sound.
At first I wasn´t so aware of it, but now it´s really annoying.
What do you think it is and how to fix the problem.
Sound record in link: AUDIO_1
Water cooler is Enermax
Thanks and regards,

Sounds like a bearing going bad, which if its on a fan for the radiator, not a big deal, easy to replace. If its a bearing on the pump then the AIO is toast and will need to be replaced. Also be sure a fan or something isn't lose and simply vibrating or a wire is vibrating on it. Youll have to put your ear close and try and find where the noise is coming from.

If it is the pump or fan then contact the company that built it if you are still under warranty from them, if not check the warranty of the pump itself from Enermax.

adze7

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
Sounds like a bearing going bad, which if its on a fan for the radiator, not a big deal, easy to replace. If its a bearing on the pump then the AIO is toast and will need to be replaced. Also be sure a fan or something isn't lose and simply vibrating or a wire is vibrating on it. Youll have to put your ear close and try and find where the noise is coming from.

If it is the pump or fan then contact the company that built it if you are still under warranty from them, if not check the warranty of the pump itself from Enermax.

I checked and all bolts and fans seems to be tighten. Then I continued working on my PC for about an hour when suddenly my PC shut down. I couldn't start my PC for about 10 min (PC started but blank screen) and after several tries I managed to get it working. Because that happened to me before I ran a timer to see when does it happen and why,.. So I continued to work on my PC - mainly autocad 2D drawings, for 1h 40min, when it suddenly shut down again. I immediately checked if it was because of overheating (due to watercooler noise) and touched watercooling panel on CPU and I burnt my finger :/ App. 1 minute after shut-down laser thermometer showed 80°C on the outside case of CPU cooler. Do you think that CPU cooling is broken?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No, do not use it if it's going to thermal shutdowns.

Have you cleaned it at all? The radiator under the fan will develop a 'dust donut', it'll be the area where all the air goes through the radiator, with a hole in the center where the motor sits and there's no airflow. A donut. If that gets clogged with dust/debris (it's been 6 months!) you'll get no airflow through the rad to cool the liquid. The rad will be cooling passively, and any air from the fan will be back feeding, cavitating like a submarine propeller. Which will cause noise. Temps will eventually climb to shutdown levels.

If the diaphragm/impeller in the pump is toast, it'll cavitate and cause noise. Temps will usually get hot in seconds-minutes.

So start with figuring where the noise is from, the fan/rad or the pump.