[SOLVED] Weird buzzing noise at high GPU usage

logibeak

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
whenever i run minecraft with shaders my computer begins to make this weird buzzing noise. this is not any of the fans in the system as I unplugged both fans from the fan header and the noises persisted. it also only does it when the shaders were enabled and when Fortnite was at unlocked FPS.

here is a link to a video recorded with my phone capturing the sound. towards the end is when I deactivate the shaders and the noise goes away
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zfgubkoIqZdw1I9Z3gueA-VDK8D31c-x/view?usp=sharing

i also tried unplugging the internal audio header and it did nothing

FelixLive44

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Hi.

The video you linked is set to private so I cannot view it.

If you can, try to see if the noise is coming from the power supply/power brick. The process by which outlet power is converted to usable power for the system involves things that can make a buzzing noise of varying strength depending on the condition and the quality of the unit.

This would be the only cause I could think of if it's certainly not the fans (or a hard drive disk)

logibeak

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
Hi.

The video you linked is set to private so I cannot view it.

If you can, try to see if the noise is coming from the power supply/power brick. The process by which outlet power is converted to usable power for the system involves things that can make a buzzing noise of varying strength depending on the condition and the quality of the unit.

This would be the only cause I could think of if it's certainly not the fans (or a hard drive disk)
I just updated the permissions for the video, you should now be able to view it. while I await your response I will see if its the power supply

FelixLive44

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
that's probably what it is. the PSU is 100% silent. What I do notice though is it is a lot quieter of a buzz than before. only thing I really changed was I unplugged the onboard audio
Multiple things buzz at varying degrees in a PC but if the PSU is silent and the noise you're refering to is the stronger one at the start of the video, then I'd think
drivinfast247 is correct.

logibeak

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
Multiple things buzz at varying degrees in a PC but if the PSU is silent and the noise you're refering to is the stronger one at the start of the video, then I'd think
drivinfast247 is correct.
Alright thanks, I thought it was like electrical interference or something idk
once I close the side panel the noise will probably go away anyways

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS