May 17, 2020
I dont know what is going on. bought a new ibuypower amd 3700x, asrock b450m-ibw i think its custom with custom firmware 1.50, 16 g of adata 2666, dont know what the power suppy is but i know it works. gtx 1660 ti g card. cant run ANY game above 30-50 fps, mouse jumps all over the screen at times, updates all drivers to current to no avail, switched to high performance mode in the power settings to no avail, went into and made sure all 8 cores were being accessed. cpuid dosent even benchmark with the compared same processor.
Annotation-2020-05-17-162159.jpg
Annotation-2020-05-17-162249.jpg

Solution
Well? I guess I fixed it? I was screwing around the bios not changing any voltages but setting everything that had and option to enable to enable and it worked?? So I reset the bios again and started individually setting them back to enable 1 by 1 and found out that If I go under AMD CBS\NBIO options\XFR Enhancement of the Bios menus and sub-menus and set LN2 to enabled its performing similar to my non problematic machine with an AMD 3700x. Heres a screen shot. Remind you this screen shot is when the bios was competley reset and LN2 was the only option set to enable, everything else was default . Now I dont know much of what I'm looking at but the cpuid score is the only thing I could deem that its working. If anything seems...
Heres the temps, the comp did not come with a wraith cooler it has some cheap looking deep cool. I have another computer with a 3700x and the wraith cooler. runs flawlessly
Annotation-2020-05-17-165042.jpg

The Deepcool Gammax are decent enough and probably a little better then the stock AMD.

Is your RAM dual channel? Meaning two sticks? If not there is a pretty big performance hit with single channel and Ryzen, and have 2666mhz speed instead of the recommended 3600mhz is also another hit.

I would also try and reinstall the Nvidia Drivers.

Reactions: mctrader07
May 17, 2020
yes dual channel 2 sticks, and i've reinstalled the newest nvidia drivers multiple times. the ram sticks are adata. everthing was preinstalled in the unit. only thing i had to do was unpack it.
Annotation-2020-05-17-170420.jpg

yes dual channel 2 sticks, and i've reinstalled the newest nvidia drivers multiple times. the ram sticks are adata. everthing was preinstalled in the unit. only thing i had to do was unpack it.
Annotation-2020-05-17-170420.jpg

What resolution and graphics settings are you trying to play at?

The1660ti is a sold card for 1080P High settings 60-90 fps, if you are at 1440P then the 1660ti is alittle out of its elements.

May 17, 2020
Just 1080p 1920 x 1080, also note i did reset the bios to default, switched to the 1660 super from my other comp and here is what HWmonitor is saying with BDO running in the background, BDO runs great on my other comp 60fps plus with remastered graphic setting on.
Annotation-2020-05-17-171700.jpg

Last edited:
May 17, 2020
Another note, comparing with my other machine using cpuid. The voltages are are bouncing around from .9v to 1.4v, also the FSB multiplier is bouncing around x 36 to x 44? All of this is at idle with minimal background operations. My other machine the voltage is stable and the fsb is stable at x 33 the core voltage still jumps around but at a lower spec between .5v and 1.0v, the benchmark on the other non problematic machine using cpuid comes out normal comparing with the same processor in their database. No overclocking has been done on either machine.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What is the exact model of your motherboard? Is the BIOS running a default configuration, or has it been customized (not referring to the BIOS version, rather things likes memory settings)?

Also, what is the make/model of your power supply (just to know what we are working with)?

May 17, 2020
What is the exact model of your motherboard? Is the BIOS running a default configuration, or has it been customized (not referring to the BIOS version, rather things likes memory settings)?

Also, what is the make/model of your power supply (just to know what we are working with)?
I found out its a custom MB made for ibuypower. As for the power supply i think its a 500w generic I read online? When I bought it, there was no description about the PSU. I'm not sure I can't see any identifying stickers on it. The case has a shroud over the power supply. Id have to unbolt it and yank it out. I'm not sure if that would void any warranty since its only 3 days old after being unpacked.
Annotation-2020-05-17-184959.jpg

May 17, 2020
Looking better.

That RAM is really hurting potential performance. It's very slow and has ridiculously loose timings.
You'd think spending 1200$ on a computer would give you fps out of the box...
I switched the ram from my non problematic machine which is corsiar 3200, with the 1660 super and no change. I really think its this custom asrock motherboard. I dont think it would be the processor or psu at this point. Oh i also loosely connected the same power supply that I have in the non problematic machine which is a corsiar 650 tx and there was no change either. So I had everything that I had in the non problematic machine in the one that is causing problems except the motherboard and my other 3700x. The motherboard in the non problematic machine is a msi 470x pro. I hope its not too confusing I'm at a loss. If it is the processor that would be a first for me lol. I thought if the processor is bad that it would either work or not. No in between

May 17, 2020
Well? I guess I fixed it? I was screwing around the bios not changing any voltages but setting everything that had and option to enable to enable and it worked?? So I reset the bios again and started individually setting them back to enable 1 by 1 and found out that If I go under AMD CBS\NBIO options\XFR Enhancement of the Bios menus and sub-menus and set LN2 to enabled its performing similar to my non problematic machine with an AMD 3700x. Heres a screen shot. Remind you this screen shot is when the bios was competley reset and LN2 was the only option set to enable, everything else was default . Now I dont know much of what I'm looking at but the cpuid score is the only thing I could deem that its working. If anything seems off or I should try to change something in the bios please let me know. The MB is an ASRock B450M-IBW custom bios from ibuypower

Annotation-2020-05-19-103924.jpg

Reactions: mctrader07
Solution