Sep 3, 2019
Hi guys,
Im looking at laptops to get for college but also for some decent gaming, doesn't have to be to crazy though. The current laptop that I have been looking at is the ASUS Zephyrus ga502. I like the look of this laptop as it isnt to "gamery" and isnt bulky or too heavy so its still portable. However this laptop uses Ryzen 7 3750h and I have no past experience with AMD and have always stuck with intel. If anyone here has this laptop or any other suggestions of laptop to get (thats a similar price) please feel free to tell me.
Thanks again.

According to the benchmarks the Ryzen 7 3750h is no slouch. The built in Vega graphics are underwhelming (aren't they all?) but you'll have a dedicated GPU so you'll be in great shape for productivity tasks or gaming. I don't see a reason not to go with it. Battery life is comparable to Intel offerings in the price and performance range as well, if that comparison is "almost as good as".

Honestly, I'd buy it. That is a darn fine system.

Reactions: RossJK1
Well, the Ryzen 7 3750h is about equal to the 7700HQ, so it isn't as fast as Intel's latest offerings, that said, it is more than enough to get the most out of the 1660 Ti, so I consider this to be one of the more balanced laptops. My current laptop has a 7700HQ paired with a GTX 1060 6GB, and the GPU will max out leaving the CPU around 50% to 60% utilization. So, the 1660 Ti with a similar CPU makes a lot of sense.