[SOLVED] What should I do to change coolers color.

alvaropuertas1995

Reputable
Sep 24, 2018
image.thumb.png.f734768daf7207334ac6f627e52678e8.png

(The image is my actual case). I just bought a new PC case and the generic coolers are in an intermittent rainbow ugly mode, I just want them to be of one specific color without fancy animations. I'm not understanding what should I do. I can change LED strip mode, but can't change coolers mode. I have an ASUS Prime A320M-K motherboard (without RGB headers) and RM550x Corsair PSU with molex of 4 pins like the image. I think Ill need to buy something right? What? (an amazon/ebay link would be ideal)

Every cooler have a male 4 pin molex which are connected to PSU. Besides that, one of the cooler has a male 2 pin cable where it can be plugged to a VDG or a Reset button female cable. There is not other cable coming from the coolers.

(link to image: https://linustechtips.com/uploads/m...humb.png.f734768daf7207334ac6f627e52678e8.png )

Last edited:
Solution
ok so if you connect that 2 pin to reset and press it, it will short, thats why it turns off
that 2 pin cable is what can make changes to your colors, it connects to 4 pin (one missing) argb connector or vdg connector

here is controller u gonna need

that VDG is for some mainboards, yours isnt one of them, leave it empty

alvaropuertas1995

Reputable
Sep 24, 2018
hi, your picture is not apearing...probably limit for new users
each rgb fan should have two cables, one for fan and another one for rgb(slim 4 pin connector with one pin missing)
how are those rgb cables connected?
I have edited the post to include image link. Every cooler have a male 4 pin molex which are connected to PSU. Besides that, one of the cooler has a male 2 pin cable where it can be plugged to a VDG or a Reset button female cable (which I tried it and when you press the button, it turns off the coolers until you release it). There is no other cable coming from my coolers.

ok so if you connect that 2 pin to reset and press it, it will short, thats why it turns off
that 2 pin cable is what can make changes to your colors, it connects to 4 pin (one missing) argb connector or vdg connector

Solution

alvaropuertas1995

Reputable
Sep 24, 2018

Are you sure? I don't have neither of these connectors https://cdn.coolermaster.com/media/assets/1029/mini-argb-led-controller-gallery-3-small.png . You also said that that 2 pin cable connects to 4pin-1missing but it doesn't fit, so maybe there is a cable that have one end with that 2 pin female and one end to the 4pin-1missing and that should be connected to some controller I guess??

alvaropuertas1995

Reputable
Sep 24, 2018
Also, do you know if I can connect my triple cable VDG to that 2pin male of my coolers, and the 4pin-1missing (part of same cable) to a RGB header of another board? But I wouldn't be able to connect it to my reset button, so in that case I think I would need some software

Also, do you know if I can connect my triple cable VDG to that 2pin male of my coolers, and the 4pin-1missing (part of same cable) to a RGB header of another board? But I wouldn't be able to connect it to my reset button, so in that case I think I would need some software
whut?
reset button gets connected directly to mainboard

that tripple VDG cable is like this:
2pin female - to fans
4pin argb to aRGB controller
VDG - empty

or you mean you want to use your reset button not to reset PC but to switch RGB colors?
that coolermaster controller has 2pin plug where you can plug your reset button and use it to change color profiles

alvaropuertas1995

Reputable
Sep 24, 2018
whut?
reset button gets connected directly to mainboard

that tripple VDG cable is like this:
2pin female - to fans
4pin argb to aRGB controller
VDG - empty

or you mean you want to use your reset button not to reset PC but to switch RGB colors?
that coolermaster controller has 2pin plug where you can plug your reset button and use it to change color profiles
Yes I mean to use my reset button to switch RGB colors, sorry for not clarifying. The 2 pin female doesn't fit to my fans 2pin male :c

I guess I should build/buy a cable with two female ends that connects to the fans 2pin male and to the LED button of my case, like this image