Anmol_10

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
My PC Specs are -
CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
GPU - GTX 1660TI
MOBO- MSI B450 PRO VDH PLUS
RAM- Kingston 8gb 2400mhz ram (2x4)
HDD - 1TB WD Purple @5400rpm (wdc wd10PURZ-85U8XYO)
SSD - ADATA 120gb ( on which I have my windows installed)
PSU - Antec 500W

So, I was playing zero horizon dawn complete edition on my pc the other day and I used all high, medium and console setting but in each one of them, my games was stuttering when I used to enter a new location. For a few seconds it used to be very laggy then after some time it gets back to normal and I was getting about 55-75 fps average on the game at high settings. I think it is due to 2 factors my 8GB ram or my slow HDD which is 5400 rpm only. I am thinking about what should I upgrade because I like playing games like these and I am thinking to play cyberpunk 2077. I don't want to go through this horrible experience again but I am limited on budget and can only upgrade one component as of now either a 250GB SSD or 8GB 3000mhz ram. If you think these both components are what causing the issue please tell me which one should I upgrade to first to have the most impact because I can do only one at this time and the other will require at least 6 months to upgrade. Or if you think it is due to any other reason please let me know. I played RDR2 also but I never faced such an issue of having lag when visiting a new place in-game or even lag in the game. Please guide me thank you.
I am considering these for the upgrades -
RAM-
Adata XPG 3000mhz Ram

SSD 240GB -
Crucial SSD
WD Green SSD
Kingston SSD

Solution
Model for your Antec PSU? That's the first thing that made my eyebrow flinch. I'd ask you to look at a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit as opposed to a DDR4-3000MHz ram kit if you want to go for a ram upgrade, that'll help bring the best out of your platform.

As for your storage, I'd ask you to hold off on any SSD purchase until the ram upgrade takes place. Then iron out any driver related issues on your platform and you should be seeing a smoother system.

Prior to the ram upgrade, please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. To note, the HDD will need upgrading but you shot yourself in the foot by buying into a Purple drive since they make horrible desktop drives, in spite of being the cheapest on the...

Lutfij

Titan
Model for your Antec PSU? That's the first thing that made my eyebrow flinch. I'd ask you to look at a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit as opposed to a DDR4-3000MHz ram kit if you want to go for a ram upgrade, that'll help bring the best out of your platform.

As for your storage, I'd ask you to hold off on any SSD purchase until the ram upgrade takes place. Then iron out any driver related issues on your platform and you should be seeing a smoother system.

Prior to the ram upgrade, please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. To note, the HDD will need upgrading but you shot yourself in the foot by buying into a Purple drive since they make horrible desktop drives, in spite of being the cheapest on the market(for me at least) and from my one and only experience, I either ask people to save a little more to get a better build or compromise on how many parts can be purchased.

Solution

Anmol_10

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

Prior to the ram upgrade, please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. To note, the HDD will need upgrading but you shot yourself in the foot by buying into a Purple drive since they make horrible desktop drives, in spite of being the cheapest on the market(for me at least) and from my one and only experience, I either ask people to save a little more to get a better build or compromise on how many parts can be purchased.
Thank you for replying.
My PSU is Antec VP500
I am also considering upgrading RAM as of now and will upgrade to SSD later when I have funds. I know WD purple is not good but I will upgrade in future.