DSzymborski

Titan
What's the purpose and what's the budget?

A little guidance about what you're trying to do is necessary to not give you a vague answer. If you're trying to play some game from 2011, then it might make sense to do a cheap upgrade. If you're trying to play modern games, you're realistically looking at a new build since this is an entry-level non-gaming PC from 2009.

DSzymborski

Titan

There's no GPU that costs that much that makes sense on such an ancient platform.

My first recommendation would be to save up a little more and build an entry-level Ryzen build that you can upgrade as time goes on. Stuffing a GPU in your current, old PC, won't really change whether or not you can competently run Windows 10 or do much for your general performance.

The second recommendation would be to find a refurbished mini-tower on NewEgg (not a small form factor) with an i5-2400 or i5-3470 that will already come with Windows 10 installed and murder what you have right now. There are a billion of these available for $200-$250.

https://www.newegg.com/dell-990-bus...ations/p/N82E16883159860?Item=N82E16883159860

If you find you need a GPU, you can slap in a used 750 Ti or 950 or 1050 Ti, ideally one without a supplementary power connector, for under $100.

There's no GPU that costs that much that makes sense on such an ancient platform.

My first recommendation would be to save up a little more and build an entry-level Ryzen build that you can upgrade as time goes on. Stuffing a GPU in your current, old PC, won't really change whether or not you can competently run Windows 10 or do much for your general performance.

The second recommendation would be to find a refurbished mini-tower on NewEgg (not a small form factor) with an i5-2400 or i5-3470 that will already come with Windows 10 installed and murder what you have right now. There are a billion of these available for $200-$250.

https://www.newegg.com/dell-990-bus...ations/p/N82E16883159860?Item=N82E16883159860

If you find you need a GPU, you can slap in a used 750 Ti or 950 or 1050 Ti, ideally one without a supplementary power connector, for under $100.
yes i completely agree with your point but here in india the prices dont make sense alot of time and going for a ryzen entry level pc would also cost me more for me the max expense would be $275.

https://www.newegg.com/dell-990-business-desktops-workstations/p/N82E16883159860?Item=N82E16883159860

well in India currency it would be Rs20,000
what are your thoughts on this pc
https://www.amazon.in/REO-Desktop-I...7&sr=1-1-73b378b6-230c-4fda-930d-f31261f038af

DSzymborski

Titan
It's better than what you have, but I would stay far away from anything in a small form factor. Prebuilts in a small form factor are nightmares to upgrade. If you're going to use your hard-earned money to upgrade from a basic 2009 rig to a basic 2011 rig, it not being a complete dead-end for upgrades should be a very important factor on your priority list!

It's better than what you have, but I would stay far away from anything in a small form factor. Prebuilts in a small form factor are nightmares to upgrade. If you're going to use your hard-earned money to upgrade from a basic 2009 rig to a basic 2011 rig, it not being a complete dead-end for upgrades should be a very important factor on your priority list!
can you suggest me some pc in Rs.20000 maybe ill pull it up a bit to 25000
amazon india link: https://www.amazon.in/ref=nav_logo
i really liked the dell optiplex you sugested but i have to import it which would cost me nearly the double.

check this site out i have to do a research on this site but the pc seems pleasing
https://www.hilaptop.com/in/searchquery/dell+optiplex/1/default/4/priceto/25000

Krishnan 05

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
S
but wont a dgpu perform better
Yes but for 25k as a indian I can't afford a dgpu for that price I bought a pc in 2015 with i5 and gt610 at that time I don't know about pc but not I realised that even my I gpu is better . And for 11k you get a decent gpu and cpu for that price . But for that price don't even think of intel and nvidia.

S

Yes but for 25k as a indian I can't afford a dgpu for that price I bought a pc in 2015 with i5 and gt610 at that time I don't know about pc but not I realised that even my I gpu is better . And for 11k you get a decent gpu and cpu for that price . But for that price don't even think of intel and nvidia.
i had considered a ryzen 5 3400G but its Rs.2000 more than Ryzen 3 3300x , yes 3400G has a igpu but i dont know why i feel its not worth bcz i can get a complete new pc with dgpu, ssd, processor and mobo within 27500 yes a premium of 2500 but it seems fine to me ,thats my point of view.

Krishnan 05

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
S
S

And
S

Yes but for 25k as a indian I can't afford a dgpu for that price I bought a pc in 2015 with i5 and gt610 at that time I don't know about pc but not I realised that even my I gpu is better . And for 11k you get a decent gpu and cpu for that price . But for that price don't even think of intel
i had considered a ryzen 5 3400G but its Rs.2000 more than Ryzen 3 3300x , yes 3400G has a igpu but i dont know why i feel its not worth bcz i can get a complete new pc with dgpu, ssd, processor and mobo within 27500 yes a premium of 2500 but it seems fine to me ,thats my point of view.
[/
Can you tell what is the dgpu

Krishnan 05

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
S
S

And
S

Yes but for 25k as a indian I can't afford a dgpu for that price I bought a pc in 2015 with i5 and gt610 at that time I don't know about pc but not I realised that even my I gpu is better . And for 11k you get a decent gpu and cpu for that price . But for that price don't even think of intel
[/

S

And

GTX 1050ti @10444
check above i have mentioned every details, all prices are taken from https://www.primeabgb.com/