[SOLVED] What would happen if there's a sudden power outage while updating the BIOS using the USB Bios Flashback feature?

Dec 26, 2020
So my motherboard (Asus ROG Strix B550-F) needs the latest BIOS update so that the 5600x is compatible. If I were to update the BIOS using the traditional way and a sudden power outage came out of nowhere, the motherboard will be bricked.

However, if I were to update the BIOS using the Bios FlashBack feature instead, and then there is a sudden Poweroutage while updating, can I just plug in the flash drive again and update as normal? Or is my motherboard already dead?

Solution
So my motherboard (Asus ROG Strix B550-F) needs the latest BIOS update so that the 5600x is compatible. If I were to update the BIOS using the traditional way and a sudden power outage came out of nowhere, the motherboard will be bricked.

However, if I were to update the BIOS using the Bios FlashBack feature instead, and then there is a sudden Poweroutage while updating, can I just plug in the flash drive again and update as normal? Or is my motherboard already dead?
Flashback should work even in case when BIOS is corrupted so it's safer to use.

Flashback should work even in case when BIOS is corrupted so it's safer to use.

Solution