KommandoKalle

Honorable
Dec 24, 2015
Hi,

All of a sudden my pc has started to reboot from time to time... Mostly while running csgo but some times just from browsing etc. Have installed the newest bios update and haven't changed any of the settings except switching the RAM to 3600Mhz. After a bit of googling it seems like it might could be the graphics card but i'm desperate for pointers and tips on diagnosing the issue as I don't want to buy a brand new one if it is fixable. Some times when it's rebooting it just cycles over and over again until I take the power and then turn it on again. Normally there's no faulth message but got this one today "VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver. CSM settings have been changed for better compatibility" But it also says "This could be because the power off button was held in to force the system off" (Wich I did) Tried to stress test the card for 30-40 minutes earlier without success. I have noticed that it is running a bit hot, 82C.

SPECS:
Asus 1070 OC
Asus Rog Strix B550-F
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO16gb 3600Mhz
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
NZXT Kraken x53
Corsair TX550M

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that Corsair 550 watt PSU? Heavy gaming use?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for errors being recorded just before or at the time of the reboots.

Multiple and varying errors are a sign of a faltering PSU. Especially if some of those errors are forced shutdowns that you had to initiate.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

= = = =

Forced power "offs" can and do cause file corruption.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Likewise "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Martin84a

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Did you ever find out what caused it? I have a similar build, and after half a year of stability, I've now had 5 random reboots in the span of a month. I suspect the latest beta BIOS update to not be completely stable with XMP enabled, (I use XMP 3600 MHz on my Asus B550-E).

I have tested cores with OCCT for several hours today with XMP disabled, and so far no errors have popped up.

KommandoKalle

Honorable
Dec 24, 2015
Hi, yes I actually found the fault on my computer, turned out to be the main power cable not perfectly fitted on the motherboard 😅 didn’t find out until second time I checked it. Was installing an extra fan underneath the gpu as I was almost certain that it was high temperatures creating the problem. After that installation it wouldn’t turn on at all, everything was dead… Thought I should cover the easiest first and turned out the cable wasn’t pressed in all the way at the botton. After that, temps stabilized and had no further issue. Probably won’t help you though but you could find an own stress test/benchmark app for your memory. When i was running for the cpu and gpu there was almost no load to to the memory, about 20-30% if I remember correctly. On memory stresstest it went straight to 99. Sorry that I can’t be to more help but I fins you find your problem as well 🤟🏼