May 10, 2022
case: Lian Li Lancool 215
Fans were working fine, in fact I had all my fans plugged into the fan hub/controller. I took off the side panel to see if it had a switch on it for different performance modes and in doing so I accidently turned off my pc. When I put the side panel back on and turned the computer back on none of my fans that were plugged into the fan hub would work however the RGB was still working. Fan hub was included with the case as were 3 of the 5 fans plugged into the hub. Just built this pc 2 days prior and its a new case, also my first build.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Point to note, never tinker with your build while it's powered up and running. You're advised to power down said system, disconnect from the wall and then inspect for cables and connections and even toggle switches. After accreting where said toggle switches are and what they are capable of doing, you power up the system and then tinker with said switch.

As for your predicament, do the fans that were on the hub functional with a standalone PWM/3pin(DC) header on your motherboard?
215_fan_hub-p6r0u8c06lzc89e18m2pch67umoped7jdk9j63egz8.jpg

That hub does not have any method to tether to the motherboard to engage voltage or speed manipulation. That hub is designed to be powered with the PSU, sans any input from the motherboard with a signal, meaning the fans run at full tilt.

May 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Point to note, never tinker with your build while it's powered up and running. You're advised to power down said system, disconnect from the wall and then inspect for cables and connections and even toggle switches. After accreting where said toggle switches are and what they are capable of doing, you power up the system and then tinker with said switch.

As for your predicament, do the fans that were on the hub functional with a standalone PWM/3pin(DC) header on your motherboard?
215_fan_hub-p6r0u8c06lzc89e18m2pch67umoped7jdk9j63egz8.jpg

That hub does not have any method to tether to the motherboard to engage voltage or speed manipulation. That hub is designed to be powered with the PSU, sans any input from the motherboard with a signal, meaning the fans run at full tilt.
All the fans a 3 pin DC

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Shut down your system. There is a cable from the Hub that plugs into a SATA power output connector from the PSU. Check that. Maybe unplug and re-connect a couple of times. Leave the side panel off and plug your system back in and boot. Do the fans work?

That Hub uses the 12 VDC supply from the PSU to power all the fan motors at full speed. It uses the 5 VDC lines from the PSU for power to the ARGB lights, and controls the display type with the case-mounted button or input from a mobo ARGB header. So the motors and lights use different power lines, and you could have a poor connection on one.

TRENDING THREADS