Apr 5, 2022
FIRST POST: Mind if you guys tell me which games could potentially run on my netbook (Upwards to 1995-2005)

DETAILS:
Intel(R) Atom N450 @ 1.66 GHz.
Intel GMA 3150
2 GB of RAM
Windows 7

By the way, I tested Lego Racers (1999) in that netbook, and it ran well, so some games from the 90s will maybe run well or erm... bad

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

What sort of games would yo be interested in playing? I mean, what genre's. You could look into Strategy games of that era like Red Alert 2. RPG's, like Diablo II would be another suggestion.

Unfortunately, you are having a very obsolete legacy system/netbook with barely a 1-core CPU with integrated graphics. I don't think you might also get a playable gaming experience even with older games. Because the 3D performance of the GMA 3150 is only suited for some low demanding 3D games in low details, that too on a very low resolution.

Though, this will also depend on the type of game you are playing. Some games are less demanding than others.

Some random names from my memory which might run on the 3150 chip in low settings, e.g. Half Life 1, GTA Vice City, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Underground and Underground 2, Red Alert 2, Age of Empires II, Colin Mcrae 2004, Return to the Castle Wolfenstein 2001, Tomb Raider 2001, Sims 1, Quake 3 Arena, Moto GP2, and more games launched between 2000–2005.

But what genre do you play ? Some more names which comes out are, GTA San Andreas, Project IGI 1 and 2, Quake 1, Counter Strike 1.6, Shadow Warrior Classic, Quake 3 Arena, Torchlight, Splinter cell 1 etc.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022
Unfortunately, you are having a very obsolete legacy system/netbook with barely a 1-core CPU with integrated graphics. I don't think you might also get a playable gaming experience even with older games. Because the 3D performance of the GMA 3150 is only suited for some low demanding 3D games in low details, that too on a very low resolution.

Though, this will also depend on the type of game you are playing. Some games are less demanding than others.

Some random names from my memory which might run on the 3150 chip in low settings, e.g. Half Life 1, GTA Vice City, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Underground and Underground 2, Red Alert 2, Age of Empires II, Colin Mcrae 2004, Return to the Castle Wolfenstein 2001, Tomb Raider 2001, Sims 1, Quake 3 Arena, Moto GP2, and more games launched between 2000–2005.

But what genre do you play ? Some more names which comes out are, GTA San Andreas, Project IGI 1 and 2, Quake 1, Counter Strike 1.6, Shadow Warrior Classic, Quake 3 Arena, Torchlight, Splinter cell 1 etc.

1. That's what I'm surely talking about, Low demanding games for that netbook I've been saying

2. Can be any genre, including horror or action games.

Ok that's all for the questions, thanks for the recommended games

Apr 5, 2022
this is tough. That cpu is weaker than even my retired e8400 cpu.

maybe you could try if Minecraft would work? It's an entertaining game if you like the genre.

I've tried Minecraft on that netbook with recommended low settings and it didn't run well 💀

Maybe thanks for the suggestion, I might try them again

Apr 5, 2022