Question Which GPU should I get for my first ever PC build ?

May 22, 2022
Hello everybody, i'm 15 and i'm building my first pc ever and I had a question if I should get the 6500XT or 1650? ( non super ) I don't do any editing/video recording/rendering or any content creation at all and I don't plan to do any.

Also I only play competitive games so low graphics on everything. I mainly play rust and maybe a little valorant if it matters. Also on my old laptop I used to play on all low settings + 1440x1080 resolution so that's the same i'll be running on this new computer. ( I'm from europe if it matters )

Prices: 6500XT - 234 euros ( the one I want to get is : ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6500 XT OC Edition 4GB GDDR6 1xHDMI 2.1 1xDP 1.4a ), and the cheapest 6500xt is 223 euros the model : ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT, 4 GB, GDDR6 )

1650 - the cheapest is 214 euros the model : MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Aero ITX OC 4GB GDDR6, and the one I would prefer tho is : Asus GeForce GTX 1650 4GB TUF Gaming OC DDR6 - 256 euros.

Computer specifications :

CPU: i3-10100F

MOBO: MSI B460 M-PRO VDH

RAM: 8x1 @2666mhz

CASE: Deepcool Matrexx 30

PSU: SilentiumPC elementum e2 450w

STORAGE: 240gb patriot burst SSD

MONITOR: Aoc 24g2u 144hz IPS ( i'm not planning to get any more monitors since one is plenty for me )

And the upgrades I'm planning to do are a bequiet 600w PSU, a new case, upgrade the ram to 16gb ( the first thing I'm doing after getting the pc ), and later on a new motherboard + CPU.

My aim with this pc is to achieve atleast 100fps while fighting/shooting. Because with my old laptop I used to play on 40fps all low graphics and many stutters so i'm basically aiming to get more than that so I can have an enjoyable experience ( not saying I didn't have it with my old pc actually made a bunch of memories with it and had a fantastic time even on the low fps ). So yeah i'm still short around 100euros so I'll only be able to get it next month or so.

KyaraM

Admirable
I would save up a bit more and go for the RTX 3050 instead. That card should cost around 100€ more depending on where you live, but is quite a bit more powerful than either option you named. The 1650 is okay considering it's an old card, but not overwhelming and not for the price. The RX 6500XT is a disaster and not worth the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: razerleb
Your motherboard is PCIe 3.0 so Rx6500 is essentially out of question as it performs very bad on 3.0 interface.
All European prices are bad btw. 3050 is about 400 euro now. Since you are still short on the money I would advise to wait and come back with same question next month. Many things can change in that time.

Reactions: razerleb
May 22, 2022
Your motherboard is PCIe 3.0 so Rx6500 is essentially out of question as it performs very bad on 3.0 interface.
All European prices are bad btw. 3050 is about 400 euro now. Since you are still short on the money I would advise to wait and come back with same question next month. Many things can change in that time.
Yeah , i'll only get the money next month to buy it so i'll see what happens next month hopefully better prices come xD