Sep 20, 2020
Hi, I've recently bought a new microphone so no longer need a headset, just a pair of quality headphones instead.

Currently I'm using the steelseries arctis 7 but want something high grade.

I dont have enough money for an amp so my asrock b450 gaming k4 fatality motherboard has to do the heavy lifting.

I've been looking at the beyerdynamic dt 990 pro headphones but read they are 250 Ohms. I'm not sure if my motherboard supports this or not. I also don't know what kind of quality my motherboard might output.

I have done some research and for gaming I like a big sound stage so open eared headphones seems like a good idea.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction in terms of my motherboard limitations and a good pair of open back headphones. Not too expensive but similar to beyerdynamic dt 990 in quality and price.

Thanks this is really appreciated

Solution
D
The Philips Fidelio X2 HR is $145 on Amazon. Best value in the headphone world right now. No amp needed. They just released an X3 so I don't know how long the X2 will be available.

The Sennheiser HD599 is also a great choice but the price is inflated due to the virus. It drops as low as $129 and maybe even $99 once on sale. I think it's stuck at $199 right now.

The DT990 is horribly bright to me. Highs are literally painful in some songs. They'd be decent for pure gaming though. The X2 is better especially at the $145 price point.
D

Deleted member 217926

The Philips Fidelio X2 HR is $145 on Amazon. Best value in the headphone world right now. No amp needed. They just released an X3 so I don't know how long the X2 will be available.

The Sennheiser HD599 is also a great choice but the price is inflated due to the virus. It drops as low as $129 and maybe even $99 once on sale. I think it's stuck at $199 right now.

The DT990 is horribly bright to me. Highs are literally painful in some songs. They'd be decent for pure gaming though. The X2 is better especially at the $145 price point.

Solution