[SOLVED] Which Motherboard Gives ME All Features I'm Seeking?

Jan 1, 2022
[Moderator edit to break up solid paragraph of text.]

I'M building a System from Scratch. I wanted to know which Motherboard would give me the Features I wanted.

Specifically I'm looking for a Motherboard with 2 or more Onboard 2 x 2.5 Gbit/s Ethernet ports, Mobo needs to be able to support At least 2 GPU'S, I will have an AverMedia PCIE Capture Card, Runnning 1 OR More RTX 3090s,

Possibly DDR5 Memory if not DDR4, Needs WiFi 6 OR WiFi 6e, Running an Ryzen 5950X CPU, Space for 2 or More NVME M.2s, Case Corsair 5000X RGB, 2 OR MoreThunderbolt Ports (TYPE C) COnnectors.

Was thinking of going with the B550 VISION D-P, But it ONLY has 2 Thunderbolt Ports which is the downside to board.

ANy solutions anyone have Ideas for anotherboard? Also I was told this board was for gamers and creators: Which is it? The Mobo itself is 5+ Star Reviewed.

I'M also wanting an Advanced Gaming BIOS. I couldn't find any Video's on Youtube where anyone shows the BIOS.

What do you guys think? Also how much is an NV-LINK Bridge I couldn't find any Prices for it anywhere.

Last thing I would like to have a DVD Drive in MY PC I know everything from Drivers and Software is Digital now, I have certain programs I use that I use Serial Keys for Meaning I have the Disks for them. (HELP - PLS)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The case is the most subjective part of the pc. You might as well ask us to pick what colour to paint your wall haha. Looking at whats going inside though, dont try to get away with a case thats only just big enough. You want room to work with.

Have a look at the Asus ProArt X570-CREATOR WIFI;
-3 m.2 slots, mostly pcie 4x4
-dual thunderbolt 4
-10G ethernet +2.5

Or Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme, same as above but has 5 m.2 slot instead of 3

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
You need to lower expectations a little I think.

1. I'm pretty sure a DVD drive doesn't have a slot in your case
  2. Even with creator boards, I don't think I've seen any with triple thunderbolt 3 or 4's
  3. EVEN if you used a board with 2 and also had a header on it for a third, the front panel type c is only 10gbps (3.1) speed which would bottleneck it, and it would be a struggle fitting 2x 3090, capture card AND thunderbolt add-in to a pc as feature rich as you want. Features on the board take away PCIe bandwidth.

You would have alot more options by either requiring "only" a single gpu or thunderbolt, so what's it going to be?

The dual ethernet, m.2 slots and wifi 6? That's pretty much default for creator boards, so that stuffs not too hard to find.

Jan 1, 2022

2. Even with creator boards, I don't think I've seen any with triple thunderbolt 3 or 4's
  3. EVEN if you used a board with 2 and also had a header on it for a third, the front panel type c is only 10gbps (3.1) speed which would bottleneck it, and it would be a struggle fitting 2x 3090, capture card AND thunderbolt add-in to a pc as feature rich as you want. Features on the board take away PCIe bandwidth.
You would have alot more options by either requiring "only" a single gpu or thunderbolt, so what's it going to be?

The dual ethernet, m.2 slots and wifi 6? That's pretty much default for creator boards, so that stuffs not too hard to find.

Yes your right a DVD drive can't fit in this case. I need a Reccomended case that could fit the dvd drive. I've also decided to run 1 Single RTX 3090 instead of the 2. And I would like to know if this MOBO is the right board for a Creator & Gamer? Specifically going to be doing alot of Gaming, Streaming, Rendering, ETC. I'm a Youtuber. Yes the Dual 2.5 Ethernet onboard MOBO is a Must also. The MOBO i listed comes with everything I want, Just need reasurence that it would be a good fit for everything I want to do? Even the Specific Features?

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
The case is the most subjective part of the pc. You might as well ask us to pick what colour to paint your wall haha. Looking at whats going inside though, dont try to get away with a case thats only just big enough. You want room to work with.

-dual thunderbolt 4
-10G ethernet +2.5

Or Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme, same as above but has 5 m.2 slot instead of 3

Solution
Jan 1, 2022

-dual thunderbolt 4
-10G ethernet +2.5

Yea going for the Crosshair Vlll Extreme Thanks!