Feb 26, 2021
Hello, I am looking for a monitor that is 144hz, 1ms, full HD and about 24 inches, that is, a gaming monitor.
The thing is, I need the monitor to reach 144Hz via HDMI. I have been informing myself and it has to be at least HDMI 1.4 but some monitors like the benq xl2411 only reach 120hz through HDMI even if it is 1.4.
Which one would you recommend? I've been looking and there are dozens and I don't even know where to start, what I'm looking for is that with the features mentioned above it has the best possible quality so it also has to be IPS. My budget is around €250 (300$).
I'm sorry for my English :sweatsmile:

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Hello, I am looking for a monitor that is 144hz, 1ms, full HD and about 24 inches, that is, a gaming monitor.
The thing is, I need the monitor to reach 144Hz via HDMI. I have been informing myself and it has to be at least HDMI 1.4 but some monitors like the benq xl2411 only reach 120hz through HDMI even if it is 1.4.
Which one would you recommend? I've been looking and there are dozens and I don't even know where to start, what I'm looking for is that with the features mentioned above it has the best possible quality so it also has to be IPS. My budget is around €250 (300$).
I'm sorry for my English :sweatsmile:
Does it really have to be hdmi? DisplayPort is literally better in every way possible
And some monitors lock hdmi 1.4 ports at 120hz anyways, because anymore than that and it might reduce image fidelity

So to be frank if you're adamant on using hdmi, I can't recommend a single thing

Feb 26, 2021
Plan on using displayport.
HDMI, I think can go 120hz, and then only with a ultra high performance cable, and a modern graphics card.
From version 1.4 of HDMI onwards you can play at 144hz in 1080, even so there are monitors with the same version that are limited and only reach 120hz, this type of monitors are the ones that I avoid, I am looking for one that reaches 144 hz via hdmi

Feb 26, 2021
[QUOTE = "OtapIc, publicación: 22229656, miembro: 2863118"]
¿Realmente tiene que ser hdmi? DisplayPort es literalmente mejor en todos los aspectos posibles
Y algunos monitores bloquean los puertos hdmi 1.4 a 120 hz de todos modos, porque más que eso y podría reducir la fidelidad de la imagen

Así que, para ser franco, si estás convencido de usar hdmi, no puedo recomendar nada
[/CITA]
There are already monitors with more modern hdmi versions such as 2.0 that do not have this problem. What I don't know is which of all the monitors with the features I mention is the best. I'm looking for it to be able to get to 144hz via HDMI to take advantage of the monitor on both my desktop computer and my laptop that only has HDMI

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Let me hammer it home to you, IF your laptop only has hdmi 1.4 it CANNOT go above 120hz in 1080p doesn't matter what monitor you buy, if the GPU that outputs it only has hdmi 1.4 then it's not gonna do anything different

Feb 26, 2021
Well unless your laptop has a DP that's just straight up not gonna happen

Idk what source you got it from but hdmi 1.4 is only capable of 120hz
HDMI 1.4 supports 144Hz. For example, the viewsonic xg2401 has HDMI 1.4 and supports 144hz because I have it in front of me. Most people think it doesn't support it because many monitors with hdmi 1.4 are limited to 120hz via hdmi.
In this link are the screenshots that prove it: https://mega.nz/folder/C10XhCqa#h6LBdrw3YDj8F3Nb1JyrTQ