Question Whole computer freezes and needs a hard boot to fix.

Sep 28, 2022
So I've recently been running into issues with my computer. I've been playing a few games recently and the first issue was a BSOD. I had this issue about a year ago and couldn't figure it out. It eventually it just went away and stopped doing it. I got a Video Scheduler error BSOD a few times in the past week, but I haven't had it again in a few days. Now I'm having an issue where my whole pc will freeze and I can sometimes still hear the audio in the background. I have to go and fully shut off my computer to fix this. I thought maybe this issue was connected to the game I was playing, ARK, and I saw some posts talking about it and people having a freeze issue, but it had froze outside of playing ARK. Another thing to mention is Cyberpunk and Elden Ring. Both of these games have always had issues running on my computer. They would consitantly crash anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours of them running. I recently tried to play Cyberpunk again and all seemed until now my pc freezes. One of the times playing Cyberpunk, I had the crash report for Cyberpunk pop up before my pc froze. GPU drivers are up to date, did a scan with my antivirus (Norton). Currently about to update windows and my motherboard chipset and see what that does. Any suggestions? Could this be a faulty GPU and is there anyway to test if that's the case? Thanks.
Edit: Nothing worked
Specs:
RTX 2060 SUPER
AMD Ryzen 3600
B450 Tomahawk Motherboard
16 gbs ram

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022
I’ve narrowed down one cause of freezing. Cyberpunk sometimes crashes, causing my pc to freeze shortly after. I do believe my pc still freeze regardless of cyberpunk running, but cyberpunk is a sure way to get it to freeze.

Sep 28, 2022
brand and model of the psu?
check cpu/gpu temp during the game?
latest motherboard bios?
Cpu temps stays around 65 - 70c
GPU 80- 81c after a few minutes of playing
American Megatrends Inc, 1.E0, 6/9/2020. I had updated my bios but I do not remember what for.
I'm not able to check my psu right now but I believe it is either a Thermaltake or a EVGA 600w. I can check relatively shortly. Thank you. Also something to note is that most of the time whatever I'm doing starts to lag along with my mouse and then it will result in a freeze.
Edit: thermaltake smart series 700w. Model: SPD-700AH2NCW