joshuadouglasmiller

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
My gaming PC is running bad. I updated the BIOs and checked the memory but nothing is working. I get only around 90 fps in csgo but then it drops to under 60 often ( I use shrouds settings vid below). My CPU doesnt get too hot (max was 85 for a second while playing usualy its at 75) and I have update my graphics card. It might be that windows anti malware service is running in the background. I fully reset windows awhile ago and it was fixed for a couple days but the problem came back. Reset my pc again and it happened right away. Maybe its my HDD? Maybe something I download like Logitech GHUB? And I have disabled all startup non window processes except GHUB (cuz thats for my mouse)

PC Specs:
Asus x370 prime MB
500 watt PS
Ryzen 5 1600x
MSI 1070 TI
8 GB RAM (which windows says 7.95 is usable)
WD Blue 1TB HDD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlzXMkSbWM

Dave2299

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
yes same case here games fps dropped from 90-145 fps to 30-45 and temps go to 90c and shut down like wtf how all of a sudden people suggest me to check thermal paste but its only been a year i bought the laptop and i think its some kind of settings or software issue,

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
My gaming PC is running bad. I updated the BIOs and checked the memory but nothing is working. I get only around 90 fps in csgo but then it drops to under 60 often ( I use shrouds settings vid below). My CPU doesnt get too hot (max was 85 for a second while playing usualy its at 75) and I have update my graphics card. It might be that windows anti malware service is running in the background. I fully reset windows awhile ago and it was fixed for a couple days but the problem came back. Reset my pc again and it happened right away. Maybe its my HDD? Maybe something I download like Logitech GHUB? And I have disabled all startup non window processes except GHUB (cuz thats for my mouse)

PC Specs:
Asus x370 prime MB
500 watt PS
Ryzen 5 1600x
MSI 1070 TI
8 GB RAM (which windows says 7.95 is usable)
WD Blue 1TB HDD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlzXMkSbWM

What kind of PC tower do you have? Since we're talking heat management, the design of the casing you have your PC in matters as much as anything else.